WOOHOO!!!!!!

jim in illinois

Reaction score
After 3years of trying I finally drew a blind at the state park.  The great thing is the site is like 2 miles from the house.  Its going to be a great year!!  The only bad thing is the ice on the river took the entire blind last year so I've got to start from scratch.  But I guess atleast I can build it the way I want it instead of having to live with someone elses.  Get ready for a lot of stupid questions in the next couple months guys!!

huntducks

Reaction score
Hey Jim good going, being able to hunt that close to the house sure make's life easy, sleep in, home for breakfest, go out on the spur of the moment.

How's the hunting been? where your blind at?

If I get back to IL. got any extra room in that blind.

Take care:toast-yellow:

grizz

Reaction score
Right on Jim,  you'll love hunting that close to home.  So how long do you have the blind for?  You the only one who can hunt it?  Sounds way cool, fill us in with some details
Good luck!

jim in illinois

Reaction score
Huntducks,  The blind is at the Kankakee River State Park and there is always room for a fellow jhp'er.  Where were you from in Illinois.
Grizz,  Their rules are that you have to build,repair, etc the blind from last year(which in my case there isn't one) and it's yours for the entire season.  If you aren't in it a half-hour before shooting time it belongs to the first guy that gets there.  It's my first year ever hunting here so I don't know how well the system works but I've got a few buddies who have drawn in the past and say they have never had a problem.  They put a Laminated permit in the blind with your name on it so if someone tries to be an A@@ about it you just show them your liscence or something with your name on it and they have to leave.  The really great thing is Dad and I went out to look around tonight and there was about 40 Canadians and some Ducks(Mallards and woodies mostly) on the same island as the blind site.  I am REALLY looking forward to this season!!!!  My son turned 8 on Sat. so it's about time he started going along.  He's been blowing one of my old calls for about 2 days now and he's getting pretty good at it.  I keep telling him that Grampa and I are goin to get pretty spoiled if all we have to do is shoot:rofl

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Good to hear you got a decent blind Jim. I wished a lived a bit closer, I'd help out with your blind. When's your opener?

Advertisement

Top Bottom