Wow the evils of Bow hunting? Blood lusting Killers

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Man I really didn't pay much mind to these anti hunter yahoo's, but they really do believe Bow Hunters especially are blood lusting Killers. read this crap but watch your blood pressure.

An invention of the Stone Age, still alive in the 21st century, bow hunting is a twisted form of amusement for those who enjoy killing animals without regard for their pain and suffering. Some bow hunters clearly enjoy watching animals they’ve injured struggling for their lives, and take a perverse pleasure in extinguishing life. Bow hunting is, next to trapping, the cruelest way of killing animals for fun. There are approximately 3.2 million registered bow hunters, or just 1.4 percent of Americans. Bow hunters in the USA kill millions of “game” animals each year, including black bears, elk and deer.

Inside the Mind of the Bow Hunter
Now I’m ready to knock down a big one and get me some good venison meat. It’s like a rush – you’ve got to wait for that big monster to get right in front of your blind and then you’ve got to draw the arrow back. It’s quite an adrenalin rush. —Ted Nugent, bow hunter, conservative and rock star
There are those among us hunters, who revel in the minimalistic pursuit of wild animals, using the most rudimentary of tools, and seeking out the whole of the experience, up close and personal, and as intimately involved with our prey as we possibly can be. This experience rewards us with the greatest sense of accomplishment and challenge, and connects us directly with our forefathers and ancient pasts. It, too, cements our admiration and awe for the wild places and animals we share this journey with along the way.
—Livingston resident Mark R. Baker
Well, we went out to the range to target shoot before the hunt, and the guy’s cedar arrows were all over the place and flying who knows where. As I had feared, he went out and shot an elk in the hip and couldn’t find the wounded animal.
— Bruce Ingram
The Evils of Bow Hunting
A report summarizing 24 studies of bow hunting demonstrated that there is little chance that deer die instantly when struck, but more typically bow hunters take an average of 14 shots (!) to kill an animal, and there is a 54% wounding and crippling rate. For every deer killed and dragged out of the woods, another one is wounded and runs off only to die hours, days or even weeks later, all the while in pain, defenseless against further attacks by natural predators.
There is absolutely no sure way to kill a deer instantly with a bow
Killing a deer with a bow and arrow is borderline impossible because the animals are so wary and the bow and arrow is such a short-range weapon.
—conservative, rock star and bow hunter, Ted Nugent
The inaccuracy inherent in bow hunting is demonstrated by professional archers. Olympic class-archers hit the “bulls eye,”— the center of the target—even under ideal conditions with no moving object and no foliage between them, only part of the time.
A 1988 report to the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Parks indicated that of 2,370 bow hunters who shot an elk with an arrow, only 49% actually retrieved the animals hit –1,161 elk, whose last hours or days of their lives were probably spent in agony before succumbing to a painful and prolonged death, likely from peritonitis or infection within a week or two later.
The rule of thumb for bow hunters has long been that we should wait 30 to 45 minutes on heart and lung hits, an hour or more on a suspected liver hit, eight to 12 hours on paunch hits, and that we should follow up immediately on hindquarter and other muscle hits, “to keep the wound open and bleeding. ”
—Glenn Helgeland – Fins and Feathers Winter 1987

Bow hunters and psychological profile
Many hunters, who feel the compulsive need to kill animals, get into bow hunting to extend the length of their hunting season and to increase their opportunities to shoot animals with a variety of weapons, including rifle, shotguns, pistol and bow. These individuals just can’t seem to satisfy their bloodlust, and bow hunting provides an additional opportunity to take animals’ lives.

Bow hunters are well aware that their action will always cause slow death to these sentient beings as they wait the recommended 30-45 minutes, or up to12 hours, while the animal is struggling in pain and dying; as one book for bow hunters recommends, “just hang back and have a smoke.” And while for a normal compassionate human being, deliberately causing pain and suffering to innocent animals is incomprehensible, bow hunters find fun and enjoyment in these cruel acts.

There is clearly some psychological disconnect in those who display so much aggression and violence against animals, and who feel the need to transcend character flaws or attempt to overcome other inadequacies in their lives by dominating innocent and defenseless animals. Key features of a sociopath include committing acts that harm others, a lack of feeling remorse and a clear absence of empathy for others, all of which apply to bow hunters.

It is high time that the American public condemns this outrageous and brutal form of “recreation,” that causes so much suffering to so many animals. Both science and common sense teach that other animal species have the same capacity to experience emotions such as pain and suffering, joy and love, as we humans do. Violent behavior such as hunting is therefore a great injustice and discrimination against our fellow beings, who share with us the simple desire to live a good life without being harmed.
:lol bashing sign:

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
Perhaps you can do what i do when i read this crap and post comments supportive of hunters and hunting. You can copy and paste this:

The only way to truly protect animals is to be pro-hunting. I realize this seems crazy to many but what most folks don’t know is that hunters fund over 75% of the wildlife management in America. They are the means by which an ecosystem is balanced, taking the necessary number of animals (as determined by wildlife biologists) to sustain healthy populations of every species. There is a limit to what any area can support, this is called its “carrying capacity” & must be maintained. That requires removal of some animals to prevent overpopulation. Understand the movie Lion King? It’s about maintaining a balance. Hunters provide & fund that balance, not treehuggers. If an animal population exceeds the carrying capacity of a region, you then see mass die-offs of a species…sometimes multiple species. They die from a lack of resources (food, water, bedding grounds) as well as exposure, and disease. But the biggest benefit to animals comes from HUNTER LOBBYING, FUNDING AND HABITAT PRESERVATION AND RESTORATION.

Take bison for example. Many people believe hunters nearly wiped them out and the government stepped in to protect them. The truth is exactly the opposite. The government commissioned the killing of North American bison to win the Indian wars. It was hunters who successfully lobbied the U.S. Congress for the protection of bison (some call em buffalo) and began breeding them. In the decades since they have been brought back from the brink of extinction to over half a million. There would be more but urban sprawl limits the unbridled wild breeding of these magnificent beasts.

Here's 10 Reasons Why Hunting is Conservation.

Reason No. 1 why Hunting Is Conservation: In 1907, only 41,000 elk remained in North America. Thanks to the money and hard work invested by hunters to restore and conserve habitat, today there are more than 1 million.

Reason No. 2 why Hunting Is Conservation: In 1900, only 500,000 whitetails remained. Thanks to conservation work spearheaded by hunters, today there are more than 32 million.

Reason No. 3 why Hunting Is Conservation: In 1900, only 100,000 wild turkeys remained. Thanks to hunters, today there are over 7 million.

Reason No. 4 why Hunting Is Conservation: In 1901, few ducks remained. Thanks to hunters’ efforts to restore and conserve wetlands, today there are more than 44 million.

Reason No. 5 why Hunting Is Conservation: In 1950, only 12,000 pronghorn remained. Thanks to hunters, today there are more than 1.1 million.

Reason No. 6 why Hunting Is Conservation: Habitat, research and wildlife law enforcement work, all paid for by hunters, help countless non-hunted species.

Reason No. 7 why Hunting Is Conservation: Through state licenses and fees, hunters pay $796 million a year for conservation programs.*

Reason No. 8 why Hunting Is Conservation: Through donations to groups like RMEF, hunters add $440 million a year to conservation efforts.*

Reason No. 9 why Hunting Is Conservation: In 1937, hunters actually requested an 11% tax on guns, ammo, bows and arrows to help fund conservation. That tax, so far, raised more than $7.2 billion for wildlife conservation.*

Reason No. 10 why Hunting Is Conservation: An 11% tax on guns, ammo, bows and arrows generates $371 million a year for conservation.*

*financial info via America’s Sporting Heritage: Fueling the American Economy (January 2013) & Hunting in America: An Economic Force for Conservation (January 2013)

If you truly care about the future of animals you will join us hunters in preserving them and fight the idiots who claim to be conservationists while “reintroducing” large species of wolves into areas they never actually lived before. Wolves are a huge problem adversely impacting all big game species. But don’t take my word for it…do your homework and look beyond the talking points of organizations who survive on grants to promote a single ideology or species protection. You cannot protect and preserve generations of all species if you don’t focus on all species and the carrying capacity constraints that determine their growth or decline. Hunters successfully preserve and improve animal populations (as proven above) and if you kill hunting then the animals die with it. Don’t be gullible…talk to hunters with an open mind and heart. You will discover they are the most passionate and actively engaged conservationists there are. Nobody does more for animals than hunters.

inchr48

Reaction score
Thanks Bruce. Saved for pasting when appropriate. :JHO rocks:

Revo2811

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/61nyWQa9rqE
PROJECTELK Documentary
to Shine Light on Hunting, Conservation
MISSOULA, Mont.—A one-hour television documentary titled #PROJECTELK will help North America continue an on-going dialogue about the benefits of hunting and its positive impact on conservation.

Produced by Jason Matzinger and presented by the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, #PROJECTELK will follow an epic journey alongside one of North America’s most majestic creatures, the Rocky Mountain elk.

“Jason is as skilled a cinematographer as he is a hunter—and that’s saying something,” said Steve Decker, RMEF vice president of Marketing. “He created the final product by editing down more than 200 hours of footage taken over six hunting seasons. It is compelling and delivers an important message for all ages and lifestyles that examines the vital link between hunting and conservation.”

#PROJECTELK is the story of the origins, science, and evolution behind conservation, and the question around whether hunters are the earth’s true conservationists. It includes interviews with hunters, biologists, wildlife experts and others.

“The goal is to help educate the 80 percent of our population that does not hunt on exactly how Hunting Is Conservation,” said Matzinger. “I understand that not everyone was brought up in a hunting household and can see why the killing of an animal to save a wildlife population may be confusing. I want people to understand how that works and why that's okay. I would also like those who do hunt to better understand our shared role as stewards of the land as we share the conservation message with others.”
Here you go OPAH

Man of few words

Bankrunner

Reaction score
It's amazingly ironic that hunters/sportsman who started conservation in the past are now the target of people that so easily jump on the anti hunter bandwagon.

Common Sense

Reaction score
I hunt because I want to kill; and make no apologies.

The big bad wolf only does what God programed him to do. God programed me to have dominion over the animals. It is in human nature to kill and eat flesh.

I enjoy killing, so do you if you are a hunter; but that doesn't make us evil.

Life is Good.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
They got there shut pretty tightened up, not letting anyone else post

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
That's just exaggerated bs science fiction nonsense they just pulled out of their azz. They are just low bugget critics blowing up everything put of proportion.
U got to be the most niaevist dumb azz to belive that crap unfortunately their are people who do.
It's ok for them critics to go buy meat at the grocery store and let the butchers and meat processors do all the dirty work behind the scenes they don't have to see or think about. And what they do isn't that pretty and nice either to those animals when it comes to processing them for the restaurants and markets.
Oh well to each his own I will do whatever it takes when it comes to hunting and survival when their are no more restaurants and markets.
Billions of years ago our four father's and predacessors the indigenous cave men and women I doubt they where strictly vegetarians and vegans then eating crackers with goat cheese and grey popoun..lol.....tra

TheGDog

Reaction score
Years ago... a comedian said... "You want to save and protect a species?..... Put it on the Menu!! 'Cause I guarantee you if man develops a taste for it.... he will NEVER let it become extinct!"

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
Years ago... a comedian said... "You want to save and protect a species?..... Put it on the Menu!! 'Cause I guarantee you if man develops a taste for it.... he will NEVER let it become extinct!"
Which is 100 percent bull rap, Chilean seabass is proof of this.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Bruce I still have a little chille on my bass and It still tastes great.
especially with a chillen beer.

jbao

Reaction score
Which is 100 percent bull rap, Chilean seabass is proof of this.
Kinda apples to oranges. Marine creatures are much less regulated, studied, and commercial fishing ruins habitat. If we adopted similar conservation efforts as we have on land, to the sea, we'd be in good shape. The problem is that the seas are much harder to regulate, study, and farm.

Railguner

Reaction score
14 SHOTS!!! Shit, my quiver only holds 6 arrows!! No wonder I come home empty handed. LMAO!!!

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score

Common Sense

Reaction score
14 SHOTS!!! Shit, my quiver only holds 6 arrows!! No wonder I come home empty handed. LMAO!!!
I have flung far more than 14 arrows at deer, and never hit one.

It was 45 years ago with a long bow and wooden arrows. I stopped bow hunting after my second trip.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom