Wright breaks silence, says attacks 'unfair'

HuntingAnywhere

Reaction score
(CNN) – In Jeremiah Wright's first television interview since clips of his controversial sermons circulated the Internet, Barack Obama's former pastor says his words were unfairly taken out of context for 'devious' reasons.'

In an interview on PBS set to air Friday, Wright expressed frustration with how his sermons had been portrayed by the news media and critics of Obama's White House bid.

“I felt it was unfair,” he told PBS' Bill Moyers according to released excerpts. “I felt it was unjust. I felt it was untrue. I felt that those who were doing that, were doing it for some very devious reasons.”

Some of Wright's past sermons came under fire after a news report turned some of his most contentious comments into a YouTube phenomenon last month. In one, the minister said America had brought the September 11 attacks upon itself. In another, he said Clinton had an advantage over Obama because she is white. He also accused the U.S. government of adopting policies to systematically oppress African-Americans.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/...fair/#more-6688

easymoney

Reaction score
Boo Hoo Hoo,
Why not take responsibility for what comes out of your mouth instead of whining like a baby...

chuckslayer

Reaction score
Isn't it strange..no "I screwed up", "I was wrong", "my mistake" or " I want to apologize to the good people of America"..

No , just a bunch of whining about how everyone that heard what he said ..was wrong..

D3Lifer

Reaction score
Black leader or eternal victim????? It's sad that blacks don't embrace men of strength and character as leaders. I guess it's easier to sit around and cry about how you've been wronged than to get up and do something positive for yourself. Gimme gimme gimme, gimme some more. Gimme gimme gimme, don't ask what for.

Sodhunter

Reaction score
I was in San Diego over the weekend and walked by the quotes of MLK in the concrete by the convention center. He must be rolling over in his grave. I am certain he would call the cheesy Rev. Wrong a racist.

easymoney

Reaction score
And as far as I'm concerned it's way past time to pull the plug on PBS... Moyers and wright sounded like twin brothers from different mothers, not one question about any of the rasicist hate speach or America bashing, who actually pay moyers salary and keep his station alive...

chuckslayer

Reaction score
PBS..the legacy of the Johnson administration, in their dying efforts to &^*#@$+ the American taxpayer !

dw33

Reaction score
The guy has absolutely no backbone; he won't stand up and take responsibility for what he said.

Sodhunter

Reaction score
Well I guess Obama just now figured out that the Rev. is nuts and threw him under the bus. Funny how I could hear a few soundbites and read his website and I knew exactly what the Rev. was all about but Obama went to his church for 20 years and had no idea! Now the Rev will probably call Obama an uncle Tom too. Love it when the Dems start killing their own. Still think Hillary will get the nomination. Hope they keep duking it out for another month or so at least.

chuckslayer

Reaction score
Right on, Sodhunter;
..And nobody has even started in about filegate, pardongate, socializedmedicnegate, cattlefuturesgate, or even Vince Foster...

pbrdog

Reaction score
He sees the money in popularity and jumped on the gravy train like Al Sharpton. He's just an attention whore.

D3Lifer

Reaction score
Now that Obama has thrown him under the bus, we're all supposed to forget the fact that he was Obama's spiritual mentor for the past 20 years, right?

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom