Written Permission

orchardhills

Reaction score
My buddies and I get to hunt on private land because my father-in-law runs a couple of hundred acres of oranges. To make a long story short there were 8 extra men hunting on the land without permission. They gave a long story about who they knew and later, from what my father-in-law says, they were lying. Trying to be a nice guy I told them they could stay (that was before I knew they were lying). Now we are locking all gates and making everybody show written permission. Even I am going to have a letter in my pocket. We want to know what is the best info to put in the letters? Are there any state guidelines that dictate this type of thing. We heard wardens were checking people for written permission. Basically we're just trying to cover oursleves. We do allow people to come and shoot as long as they ask nicely.

Thanks in advance,
Orchard Hills

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
orchardhills,

I have a permission slip in .pdf file format you can download and print. It basically covers liabilty and when the premission is good for. Since this is a generic form you'll have to write in the state where it is left blank in #3 and #8 of the conditions.

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/permission-slip-1.pdf

You'll need Acrobat Reader to read and print this .pdf file, you can get Acrobat at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html

To save the permission slip file above using Microsoft's Internet Explorer, right click on the link, then click "Save Target as", then save in a folder to your hard drive.

If you don't want to save the permission slip .pdf file to your hard drive for future printing, you can just print it after the file loads when you click on the link.

jerry d

Reaction score
The Dept. of F.&G. has an "Entry Permit For Hunting" form that we hand out at our Hunter Education classes.

It has all the necessary info, name, address, location of property, signature of landowner, ect., and is completed by the landowner at the time permission is granted. The form is approx 4X6 inches and can be easily tucked away in your wallet.

Stop by your local Dept. of F & G office or Hunter Education Class in your area.

orchardhills

Reaction score
Hey thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate your help. Thank you both for your time.

Orchard Hills

QEU

Reaction score
OrchardHills,
Where are you located? I have a younger brother (10 yrs) who shot dove for the first time this year and he was so excited. I was more concern about his safety since we were shooting in a public area and most of the shooters were lined up shoulder to shoulder. Oh...by the way, this is my first time shooting doves too. I can't wait until the next opener, I went and got myself a auto loader. We would like to ask for your permission to be there on the next opener...if you're not too far from central valley. I'm in the Bay Area though.

wildlifedesigner

Reaction score
Is there anything that says something about LIABILIY the biggest threat?. I cant seem to download Spectr's form Can someone post it here.

jerry d

Reaction score
The Dept. of F & G form doesn't address liability.

It does have a "special conditions" section that I suppose could be used to address liability.

orchardhills

Reaction score
Que
The closest big town is Fresno. Visalia also is nearby. It's about 3-4 hours from the bay.

QEU

Reaction score
Location sounds good to me. My kid brother is in Fresno... I will follow up with you a few weeks before season opens. Need any help on the farm?

<font face=arial size=1><blockquote><hr noshade size=1>Quote: from orchardhills on 12:20 pm on Sep. 19, 2001
Que
The closest big town is Fresno. Visalia also is nearby. It's about 3-4 hours from the bay.
<hr noshade size=1></blockquote></font>

prohunter

Reaction score
we own and manage about 2000 acres of citrus in the southern central valley. the best thing to do is write someone name and a date or season. like " john doe can hunt 2001 dove season on my land" signed john smith. and write this all on the back of your business card. it makes it real easy for the game warden. when he comes out to our place i show him my business card and tell him evryone with this card has a permission slip on the back. everyone else gets tickets!

orchardhills

Reaction score
Que,
The second half of the season on our area is horrible.  Last year we got 5 birds in the whole second half. The first half's opener is something else though. Since we had some unwanted people this year we are going to lock the gates and require passes for everyone. Let me get my end straight and I'll contact you.

Orchard Hills

Advertisement

Top Bottom