WU Members

Mel Carter

Reaction score
Well, this year is going to be my first year for Turkeys. Always wanted to get into it, just never did. Now, my brother just got into WU and he's bugging the heck out of me to go try and get a Turkey. Can any past or present WU members tell me what ranches hold decent number of Turkeys? Was curious about Mosby and Running Deer? I know Spring Valley and Clarke holds lots, what others?

Thanks for any help.

LKN4HOG

Reaction score
Try Rincanoda (?) Not sure of the spelling. It is by Santa Maria area and holds a large number of birds. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Randy

Mel Carter

Reaction score
Randy,
Thanks, have you hunted Rinconda? How's it look for deer and hogs? I may give it a try for Turkeys, seems to be about a 3 1/2 - 4 hour drive from Stockton.

Thanks again

buckhunter

Reaction score
Was at mosby this past weekend, pretty dismal there were three of us on the ranch and no bird killed. we saw two hens and thats it. one guy in cam said he saw a few jakes but thats just hear say. i usally can find a few birds their but this year has been different. lots of cattle and ranchers on the ranch might have moved the birds down into the low lands. oh well i am gonna give it a try in a couple weeks and ill let ya know. i am gonna try and get a reservation for stenzel ranch over out of woodland. lots of birds their just hard to get a res. since it is only 800 acres. anyway clark and spring valley are another given along with browning and diamond d. let me know how it goes and where you choose and ill give ya some specifics.
good luck

LKN4HOG

Reaction score
Mel; Sory for the later follow-up. Yea, I have hunted the ranch a couple of times. First was for deer a few years back. Saw LOTS of deer, a few forkies but no 3bi's ( 3 point or better ranch). Did not see any hogs but they say they are in the grapes in the next ranch but come to the water on Rincon. As for turkeys, we saw hords of them. At least 30 plus a day. We went for a turkey opener a few back but got rained (poured) out. I do recommend it for turkeys but it is a tough ranch as for deer or pigs. Lots of quail if interested.

Good luck and let us know how you do...

Randy

Advertisement

Top Bottom