WV Bear pics

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Had these developed at rite aid this am. Set the cam up on Friday the 7th. of June and these pics were shot on sat. and sunday.Checked the cam this am and all the pics were used up (28). Had a few with nothing but most of them came out real well for the heat we are having. Hope you enjoy the pics. This guy looks a little beat up but it's mating season here for bear. Just click on (WV Bear pics.) Mike

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Nice pics. What a combination, bears and turkeys. Thanks. MC.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Yep!   not bad

Do you guys in Bear Country ever get the Heaby-Jeaby's when out in the woods along with those bears?  I guess it's about the same feeling some get about Snakes here in Missouri, at least snakes can't tear your arm off.......

Tinhorn

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Tinhorn, The worse part of bear hunting here is when you come out after dark and all the strange noises start and they follow you all the way back to your truck,lol. Had two bear in my tree a few years ago. Also we are over run with timber ratlers and copperheads. Im sure you know that you just get in the habbit of watchen for them. Thanks for the replys about the pics. Im new at this and im still learning a few things. Mike

davered1

Reaction score
Nice pics mike. keepem coming.

Whats under that pile???

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Davered, Under the rocks is oats, licquid feed mollasses, beef fat and scraps and little marshmallows. It's not legale to bait or feed bear here so im just feeding the coon and possum.We can't hunt here till fall but it's fun to keep track of them. Mike

wvhunter

Reaction score
Nice pics!  I'm still waiting on my first bear pictures of the summer.  I did walk up on a nice bear a few weeks ago.  I ended up within 35 yards of him before he decided to leave.

Shrewshooter, now don't go feeding the bears the WV DNR will be looking you up.  LOL

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
WV Hunter, If i posted the pics on that other site we go to i would get read the riot act from a few of them. Im only trying to get pics of coon and possum, if some old bear wants to step up and get his pic snaped, thats ok with me.
This looks like a small one to me and from his scares i would say he has been fighting with some of the big boys. He sure is beat up,lol. Mike  

wvhunter

Reaction score
Shrewshooter, that's why I spend all my time here now.  Got tired of the back biting.  

Top Bottom