WV Tropy Room

CWSMACKDOWN

Reaction score
This is the WV Hunting Trophy Room. Please feel free to post successful hunt pics of any game animal, past or present. Pics may be yours, your friends or your families. Please list the date and location of your harvest and any other information you wish to include.

Remember that your photos must be under 640 pixels wide so people don't have to scroll back and forth. Also, the file limit for attaching to your post is 150k.

CWSMACKDOWN

Reaction score
My friend shot this buck opening day of the 2003 gun season in Mason County. Was aged at 3 1/2 years old. The 11th point is a 1 1/2" kicker off the back side of the main beam.

Attachments

CWSMACKDOWN

Reaction score
A guy I work with shot this 9 pointer in Boone county during the 2003 gun season. It was estimated to score between 145 - 150.

Attachments

hivelosity

Reaction score
shot this 10 pt 7:10 am opening day Harrison Co. WVa. A few miles south of Fairmont. Green score is 147 weighed 150# used a Rem 7400 in 270 140gr Hornady Sp interlock loaded to 2750 f/s.
I got in my stand at about 20min to 7. shortly after 7 there were 8 deer in the field adout 250yds to my left. 7 doe and 2 bucks, one was a spike the other was a 4 pt.
Tried to get the 4 pt clear for a shot but he hung in around the doe and there were some tree limbs hanging in the way. The deer in the field had moved to within a 100yds and they were starting to get spooky. Then the two bucks took off back the way they had come.
I scaned the ridge to the right along the fence row toward the wood. in the corner at the top was a deer sillouted aginst the sky. it had a huge rack. could not get a shot, it jumped over the fence back toward the hi wall and disappeared.
thought I had missed my chance. about 10seconds later My deer stuck his head out over the fence and stood there all I could see was his neck and shoulder. He was looking down the hill where the does were.
I put the cross hairs on the neck just ahead of the sholder and squeezed the trigger he went down and tumbled over the low fence and didnt make another move. :big grin santa hat:

Attachments

coup

Reaction score
my sons 2007 first day rifle.... biggest ever taken legal in are holler...157 total,,148 4/8 measured and heading for the wv buck book....7mm magnum with reloaded 120 sierra. heading towards a small plot of biologic.... we go in are stands before daylight and come out after dark.

Attachments

Top Bottom