Wyoming Antelope Hunt

Hog slayer

Reaction score
Well its been quite a trip, after hunting chuckar in Idaho we headed to Medicine Bow Wyoming to hunt antelope. The weather was not very pleasant for an antelope hunt, more like deer and elk hunting weather. A cold front blew through, temps were in the highs in the teens for a few days but finally warm up when we were leaving. Thats hunting. Muddy roads, snow, freezing temps but clear which was good with over cast. Stayed in my trailer, pipes froze, problems with the propane regulator, a quick road trip to Casper for parts, hunted on the way back, my friend got his antelope, trailer up and running again. So we were able to cook and have the heater working, that night low was 8 degrees. Well all I can say now I have pretty much hunted antelope in all kinds of weather. Snow, rain, wind and sunshine which is a rare occasion. Well a great trip overall with a few hick-ups. My son took a really wide antelope, it measured 13 inches long. A very nice goat for the area. We also saw this nice buck sitting on someone's front yard. Nice Mule deer, he really did't seem to care about anything. Good times with friends and family.

Attachments

OPAH

Reaction score
I bet it was a trap Mr. green Jeans set up ! LOL He is happily content Big Boy.
Good job on the antelope Hunt, Great to see family and freinds out and about together.
Thank you for sharing

OPAH

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken there is another Big guy just behind him facing away ?

cjack

Reaction score
Whoa, that looks cold. I'll take antelope in August anytime. I imagine getting to Casper for parts was a priority. Congratulations on a fine hunt!

dthome

Reaction score
What a great trip! The beauty of hunting cold weather is no meat spoilage!

Hog slayer

Reaction score
What a great trip! The beauty of hunting cold weather is no meat spoilage!

Ya little crazy I just got done shooting a Ca Antelope in the Susanville area before this Wyoming antelope hunt. Here in California for the most part you are in such a hurry to get your meat quartered up and put in an ice box. Completely the opposite in Wyoming, you
got to try to keep the meat from freezing.

Wino

Reaction score
How many pionts did you have when you put in for the draw in Wyoming?

Looking at getting out there this year with my son. But I have no points yet.

Wino

Last edited:

Top Bottom