wyoming wolf

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
Sure they're huge...they've been eatin well.

ranchwife

Reaction score
I didn't realize that they were that big . . . Oh my goodness!!

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
The one's we used to see in the Alaskan Panhandle were a little bigger than a big Coyote.
When I hunted further North for Caribou we saw them that size.
Bout wrecked my pants.
They do get big.
Nice dogs.

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
As I was looking at the new posts a song came to mind from my childhood... "who's affraid of the big bad wolf, big bad wolf, big bad wolf..."

I AM IF THAT IS THE WOLF!!!!

BDB

Reaction score
Damn big wolves. I grew up in Saskatchewan and we would see the packs of timber wolves around the lake all the time in the spring when we were out fishing as there was only one road into the southern tip of the lake we camped at in northern Sask. They'd be roaming the shores and we'd come around a bend (in the boat) or an island and see them before they bailed out. I recall them being REALLY big, but even then not as big as these fellas. I thought all the ones in Wyoming were Grey wolves that don't really go above 125#. These look bigger than that to me.

Orygun

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I didn't realize that they were that big . . . Oh my goodness!![/b]
Not to worry Ranchwife, they are on the move south. With the abundance of federal lands between Idaho and CA (meaning Oregon) they will be in your neck of woods in a few years. They will kill off the yotes and cougars which is a good thing, but they are also adept at munching on cows, which is a bad thing.

They are probably around 130 or so Speck. They look bigger with those guys standing in the snow and being behind them which alters the perspective. That winter pelt also makes em look bigger. They are still HUGE. would be nice to know the nose to tail and shoulder measurements for better reference.

I have a Newfoundland a St Bernard. they are both 150lb+. They are bigger size. We roughhouse once and a while and when they have toppled me several times with little effort. The thought of one or more of them doing it for killing purposes raises the prehistoric hackles.

Magnificent animals for sure. Wish I could pursue them. I could, but if I came back with one all my possessions would be in the yard in a pile on fire.

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
I saw wolves up in the Northwest Territories, pure white Artic wolves, that looked like they had to go 150lbs. Awesome critters!

XDHUNTER

Reaction score
I dont know about the weight, the only information i know is it was killed by hunters from Wyoming
in the Piney and Pinedale area.

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
i had no idea you could shoot wolves in wyoming, AWESOME!! i want one...

Winemiller

Reaction score
They will kill off the yotes and cougars which is a good thing, but they are also adept at munching on cows, which is a bad thing.[/b]
Im not sure were that information comes from but grey wolves will rarely if ever attack livestock. Unless your talking cows regarding elk.

PORCH

Reaction score
WOW...I had no clue they were that big. Even if the pespective and coat makes them lok alittle bigger, they are still huge. Also check out the head size.

Orygun

Reaction score
Im not sure were that information comes from but grey wolves will rarely if ever attack livestock[/b]
Wine,

Have a nice long chat about wolves and livestock with ranchers in Wyoming and Montana. They could change your mind about that statement. While wolves may have a preference for elk or deer, cows are a lot easier. Now that they get can't just kill livestock with impunity, things may change.

Top Bottom