• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

X-12 Lobdell Lake

Mustang

Wondering if any of you guys or gals ever pulled a horse trailor into Lobdell Lake area and if you had any clearance problems with the bottom of trailor bottoming out. Plan on going to Lobdell with my horse next week and would like to know the condition of the road up to the lake. Any good places to camp at? Any and all answers greatly appreciated.

slanttop357

I have seen people with horse trailers up there. But there are a few rough areas, and the road all the way to the lake is iffy 2 years ago it was washed out i would call ahead to see if the road is open all the way to the lake. As far as camping goes there are some nice ones as you get into the forested aspen areas on your right side these areas are just before you start up a pretty steep grade on the last 1 or 2 miles to the lake. Good luck.

jackman

You will most likely drag your trailer at the first creek crossing.Its not bad at the beginning of the season but with all the traffic the berm gets a little iffy. This is just before you start going up hill. I was their the last weekend of last year and it snowed pretty good.Made that hill slippery(4x4 rec amended) .Once you get on top there are a lot of nice places to camp. The road was washed out about a 1/2 mile from the lake but had been repaired some.I also saw trailers up there past the lake so they got past the wash out,just have to stay to the right going up. There is a nice meadow with trees before the washout that is a great place to camp.Then you can horse it from their. Keep your eyes open for arrowheads

jackman

A lot of guys camp by the junction from bircham rd to 067(road to Lobdell) no trees but the deer come right thru that area if they are moving.There is a big rocky knoll just to your left of this inter section-a lot of deer are taken right in that area.Its all sage brush thru their and the deer sneek up thru that area

map

Bircham is only good during midweek, because of the weekend warriors from the Bay Area. I would't try the first creek crossing pulling a trailer. Walk the horses through the rough spots.

Sent from my iPhone/Tapatalk

map

By the way, there is limited Verison cell service from Bridgeport. From the top of the ridge on the right side while on the way in. You will see the jeep trails up there, or I can post a line of sight military maps? I posted the map here before.

slanttop357

Those nice camps on the right side are just a little past the first creek or second ? and then the steep hill ? its been 3 or 4 years sense i was up there. Map or Jackman do you guys remember.

map

Those nice camps on the right side are just a little past the first creek or second ? and then the steep hill ? its been 3 or 4 years sense i was up there. Map or Jackman do you guys remember.
There are a few rough places to make cell calls, but I use the easiest before the first creek crossing. I posted a Recon Hunt somewhere around here?

Turn off the Bircham to Lobdell Lake Road at:

WGS84

Turn right at:

Arrive at:

At the top the radio towers are to the left, and the large rock is to the right.

Note: Keep checking back for my Recon Hunt. VERISION could have added a tower since I hunted there 3 years ago.

Last edited:

Mustang

Thanks to everyone who gave information, greatly appreciated. Map, would appreciate it if you would post the line of sight military maps you were talking about. Thanks

map

Mustang,

I did my 5 mile hike through the hills today and stopped at the library to unlock the Recon Hunt file on the way home, but the beer that I had caused me to mess up the Computer URL.

I will try tomorrow again.

Top Bottom