X10 Trail Cam Instructions are here!

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi hamiltoe, E-x-c-e-l-l-e-n-t!  I'm going right now to add you to my "Links Page".

Ammended:  I added you to my Page, and everything works okay except your "Instructions Page" that wont come up for some reason?

(Edited by Richard Webb at 10:52 pm on July 20, 2001)

Jon Bain

Reaction score
Good site and info Hamiltoe.  Nice to see all the information you provide.  I can tell you put some time into this thing with the web page and all.  Thanks for sharing.  I had the same problem with the instruction page.

(Edited by Jon Bain at 8:12 am on July 21, 2001)

hamiltoe

Reaction score
Oops...I think I fixed it, thanks for letting me know, the instructions link was pointing to the file on my PC instead of the web site...

hamiltoe

Reaction score
I got the sensor from www.x10.com.  There's a link on my website that will take you to the page.  It costs $25.  You can also get the indoor version for $20.  It's called the Hawkeye instead of the Eagle Eye.

(Edited by hamiltoe at 10:31 am on July 21, 2001)

(Edited by hamiltoe at 10:32 am on July 21, 2001)

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi hamiltoe,
Nice job on the cam and web-site!
>>>>>>>
Just curious if those PIR sensors have a range of only 20 feet.  I had considered using some of these in the past, but in the description it claims the range is only"up to 20 feet".

Archilochus

hamiltoe

Reaction score
Archilochus,
With my modifications, I was able to increase the range to a maximum of 30-35 ft.  I tested this at night a few days ago, but it was still quite warm outside.  I don't know if the range will increase when the weather starts to cool down some.
Hamiltoe

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Excellent work hamiltoe, I'll get a link up to your instructions. I've used X-10 stuff before and always wondered if their PIR sensor would work for game cameras.

Advertisement

Top Bottom