X7A Archery (A13)

Whoadog

Reaction score
I drew an A13 tag this year and went up there for a couple of days and just seen a few small bucks. I drew the rifle tag four years ago and killed a decent buck opening morning so I didnt get to learn the area too well. Any advice on areas to look would be appreciated. Thanks.

Brian

swayback

Reaction score
Give Bald Mtn a try. Between Bear Valley and Bald Mtn there is Sardine Mtn, took a beauty out of there many years ago. Dont know what the terrain looks like now but back then it was okay. That valley is prolly smoked out right now, but definitley worth a try.

Whoadog

Reaction score
Thanks Swayback, that is where I killed my buck four years ago.

Brian

swayback

Reaction score
Talked ith the warden a few years ago, he told me to go north. I havent hunted the north end of that zone, but if you got the time. Im headed up to x7b this wknd for some scouting. To tell you the truth, Im focusing on late summer feed and water, I think thats the ticket! Plenty of water up there right now, but give it a couple months, movement will change to food and water sources.

swayback

Reaction score
Whoadog,
Ive done lots of hunting in d3 at Gold Lake, great fishing that time of year, but the Haskell Peak area looks promising, just across the hwy from Gold Lake. The d3 side shoots some deer, but mostly blacktails. I would be willing to bet the area just south of Graeagele holds some nice bucks. The wifes boss has a home up there and always talks of the nice bucks around the outskirts of town, just a thought. Tough call, too many areas to list. The landowners in the Sierraville valley MUST know of some good bucks, and some possible landlocked areas. I did see a bruiser at Babbitt not too long ago, about 2 years ago, solid 4by with plenty of width. Ill talk to the wifes boss, and see if he knows any hidden public spots.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom