X9A bucks

WAY

Reaction score
I am going opening day Sat thru Mon. This is really more a scout trip than hunting. Just seeing what pressure is like at the spots. Don't think I won't be out at grey light and if the right one slips up I'll tag out. Will then be back the last ten days of the season. This season, am being a little picky, so if any of you will take a 20-22" buck, let me know. It would be my pleasure to watch one of you take an animal. The price is that I get to watch you shoot it. Good luck.

TwoShot

Reaction score
Our hunting party has already made a couple of scout trips, seen some nice bucks. Taking the 5th wheel up next weekend and will hunt every weekend until both my son and I tag out. Any of you JHO's up there keep a look out for my truck (white GMC, license "IBOHUNT") stop and say howdy. Have already ran into YORT40. Good luck to everyone, hope to see ya up there.

Steve K

Reaction score
Way
We plan on going up the thursday before opening week-in and hunt tell all our tags are filled. (four) White Ram 4X4 or Red Honda foreman 400, both have JHO green sticker, see me stop allway's good for a beer.
Good luck, Steve K

Shot

Reaction score
I will also be there every weekend until I tag out. I made one scouting trip already and hopefully this weekend I can get up there.

HOGHUNTER714

Reaction score
Since I am getting married the day after the opener, I wont be out that weekend. My buddy and I will be in our spot the second weekend though. Did some pre-season scouting about a month ago on my way up to Reno, NV....The area looks promising and the deer were out in mid-day....Hopefully, well tag out. Goodluck to all of you...

Big_C

Reaction score
Hoghunter - Congrats on the wedding!

Is it safe to assume that >she< picked the date?

HOGHUNTER714

Reaction score
Big C,

Yeah, your right...We talked about dates and she threw in September 18th. I said "Sure, no problem"
...About 3 days went by and I was driving down the street and the light bulb went off
...I was "OH NO WHAT DID I JUST DO"?
As luck would have it she already booked the place were gonna get married, so I was stuck. I tired to change the date, but the place were gettin hitched is booked solid. I'm still hitting myself til this day
Oh well, I'll probably never be able to hunt the opener anylonger, but I like the size of the crowds on the weekends to follow....

Big_C

Reaction score
Take consolation in the fact that while you are enjoying your wedding night
everyone else will be sleeping on rocks next to some smelly guy who snores and farts all night. I'd say you might have the better deal.

C

Jake

Reaction score
BIG C,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
"everyone else will be sleeping on rocks next to some smelly guy who snores and farts all night."[/b]

That was not a pretty mental picture.

Hoghunter714, Congrats on the wedding.

Mike

WAY

Reaction score
I'll be camping somewhere in the Mammoth area. Haven't decided where to camp yet. I have hunted here before, but not opening day. I am looking forward to seeing some bucks in trucks. Near the end of the season, I have been there for several days while never seeing another hunter. It's nice! Where is everyone staying? Camping? Hotel? Once again, I know of two spots, where I can almost guarantee a buck. Although not monsters, all bucks are beautiful. If anyone would like to hunt for a day or two during the last ten days of the season let me know, we'll go get you one. I just want to watch, and I'll even carry your rifle while you pack your buck out.

Hronk,
If your reading, this is Way C. I am returning finally! All my guide buddies moved back to SD last year. But I got their honeyhole. So this year I'm rolling solo. I might bring my brother to act as my burro. I'll talk to you soon.

Good luck!

Steve K

Reaction score
WAY
What type of rig you going to be in, maybe we'll run across each other, allway's like to compair notes.
Steve K.

MEF

Reaction score
I'll be up there the last week of the season with my hunting buddy, probably stay near Mammoth also. I may head up beforehand on my own if I get the time. I've still got some more areas I would like to scout. I'm driving a green 4-door Ford F-150. Mike

Monsterbull

Reaction score
Hoghunter - Dude! Your opening days are gone forever, but whaddaya gonna do? Keep this in mind though, if you're going to have kids, make sure to time it so their B-day(s) happen in the off season
Shoot for (no pun intended
) May or June. Congrats.

HOGHUNTER714

Reaction score
I am REALLY anxious to get up there right now. I'm thinking about doing a 3 day backpacking trip up in the sierras....Man, the pack and bino need to be taken out for a walk...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom