x9a deer camp ?

fritojay

Reaction score
w'ell be hunting x9a the last week of deer season.
looking for some good camp areas.
we will be hunting both sides of 395 so we are looking for a stategicaly located area.it doesnt matter if its a campground or primitive camp but if its a campground we would prefer somewhere the tourist wont freak out if they saw a deer hanging.
also we will be in a 20 ft travel trailer if that makes a differrence
thanks,fritojay

buckkillerdeluxe

Reaction score
Try Big Springs Campground, it is right off 395, right next to a small creek and offers a fairly good chance of being secluded.

Also try the campgrounds just south of Deadmans Summit, I think it is called glass creek, it is on the west side of 395.

How did you do scouting? You find anything worth while?

fritojay

Reaction score
i have'nt gone scouting yet.we'll get out on aug 11th for 4 or 5 days.this will be a special hunt this year.i am taking my son up for the hunt before he ships out for the navy,cant wait.i'm 43 yrs old but think i'm worse than a kid,ALL i can think about is scouting and hunting.

YORT40

Reaction score
fritojay,
When you come scouting, try looking @ some of these camp areas. Don't worry about the tourist, most of the campers are gone by Sept. Usally its too cold in the mornings for your everyday PETA guy.
Tuff camp grounds by Toms Place
Little Antelope area
Hilton Creek BLM camp grounds
Mcgee Creek camp grounds
Laural Mt. camp area
Shady Rest camp grounds in Mammoth
Big Springs

P.S.- Matt, this coming Oct., don't be surprised to find a little something special in your hunting hole.

mouthcallinmatt1

Reaction score
Originally posted by YORT40@Jul 22 2004, 12:58 PM
P.S.- Matt, this coming Oct., don't be surprised to find a little something special in your hunting hole.
Good thing you said "hunting hole". Wouldn't want these guys starting to wonder. Thanks for the warning though. Since I seem to be lactose intolerant I'll have to remember to drink a lot of milk and put your blind downwind of mine.

Speaking of holes...looks like I'm headed out to Mark's club next week. We are going to tour a couple of clubs to look at their pit blinds so he can figure out how what size to make his.

subfan

Reaction score
How big of a camp? Something small would be good along hot springs.

Steve K

Reaction score
fritojay
I don't belive the you want to to take your trailer down to the Big Spring C/G it might make it but I'd suggest Glass Creek lots of room and then you could check out the area's. I assume you have a Inyo National Forest map, check out Hartley Spring C/G just north west of Glass Creek it's a lot more secluded. (both are free)
We am going souting on the 3rd, 4th and 5th and will camp at Glass Creek, white Ram Pick-up and a twenty two foot Sandpiper trailer, for what it's worth.
Steve K

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
there's a campground that is rarely used west of the 395 and south of mcgee creek.
It's an LA power and water campground, plus the road that goes past it will take you to a trailhead. There's a good hunting spot just east of the camp.
The trail will take you there.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom