• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

X9A roll call

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Whos going this weekend for the opener. I finally drew a tag again, took 6 points.

you ready for 30F? lol, us socalers are not. Been 105F here, lows in the 60S.

Bigolwiggler

SteveK and I will be there . Will stay most of the week. After that I will be off to my wife's X-zone.

Two of the 5 times that I have hunted there it snowed opening week.

Likely the last season I will hunt deer there. I had 6 points also .

BOW

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Thanks for the good luck wishes. Seeing lots of does and a few smaller bucks. Tshirt weather the 1st 10 days and again this week. Need some weather. It did sleet snow sunday sept 29 but not much.

Bigolewiggler tagged out the first week. I finally had the pleasure to meet brett and stevek at their camp.

I havent seen any other bucks taken except for the pics from reagans I posted.

Bumped into a coyote last evening and man did it haul ass out of range. Im used to them LA coyotes that sit and watch you from 50 yds.

No issues with bears, yet. Havent even seen one which seems odd around here.

Sure is pretty up here

Photo_1570328505587.jpg

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Almost forgot to mention power was down last sat for a downed line for about 12 hrs, bridgeport to mammoth. They are talking about shutting it down again for 24 hrs due to high winds expected. Make sure you top off with gas if coming to hunt.

jbv

Any of you x9a guys seeing any birds running around where you are?...asking for a friend...i could also point you into some places where I saw bucks that year, my buddy tagged out last year in x9a for a info swap.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Jbv I haven't seen any quail except for a covey that flew across hwy 395 right above bishop before Sherman grade. Ive been hunting the valley floor a bit too.

Some does feed by me last night and this little goober must have seen me move and came over real close to try and figure out what I was.20191008_182657.jpg

jbv

Jbv I haven't seen any quail except for a covey that flew across hwy 395 right above bishop before Sherman grade. Ive been hunting the valley floor a bit too.

Some does feed by me last night and this little goober must have seen me move and came over real close to try and figure out what I was.View attachment 75912
thanks for the heads up! good luck out there!

Bigolwiggler

Thanks for the good luck wishes. Seeing lots of does and a few smaller bucks. Tshirt weather the 1st 10 days and again this week. Need some weather. It did sleet snow sunday sept 29 but not much.

Bigolewiggler tagged out the first week. I finally had the pleasure to meet brett and stevek at their camp.

I havent seen any other bucks taken except for the pics from reagans I posted.

Bumped into a coyote last evening and man did it haul ass out of range. Im used to them LA coyotes that sit and watch you from 50 yds.

No issues with bears, yet. Havent even seen one which seems odd around here.

Sure is pretty up here

View attachment 75892
That almost looks like a shot from our camp.... Copper Mtn . ???

Top Bottom