X9A

Capt. Nixon

Reaction score
Who else is putting in for X9A this year? With 3 points I figure I'm gonna get my tag for sure...already started scouting last week whilst fishing.

wingbone_2003

Reaction score
I'm hoping to be there Capt. how did your scouting go,i'll be up there for 10day's in july!

hntnnut

Reaction score
I put in but drew it last year, so i'm hoping to beat the 1:35 or so odds for a open draw tag.

Richard

Reaction score
I put in for A16(x9a archery) hoping to draw without points also.

With how my last year has gone I'll either draw everything I put in for or get nothing at all.

Either way will be fine

tylercreek2

Reaction score
i'm giving it another shot ,,, 2 points this year , tried last year with 1 pt didnt draw,,, hopefully this year

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I was debating X9A or G6. Went with G6. I haven't scouted up there in X9A in a few years so I'm no help on that part.

DaddyOK

Reaction score
Our party has about 1.25 point avg....I'm thinking that gives us about a 50/50 chance of getting drawn [If someone has a different math result I'd be happy to hear about it]

X9A is our first choice. I drew the area the year before last. I really like it.
The area is so diverse that it works for me for the way I hunt, based on and the equipment I have at the time, the weather, who I'm hunting with and such.

deadducks

Reaction score
I think with 2 points you have a real good chance of drawing x9a. 1 point is pretty iffy but people get lucky every year.

Even with no points you have the random draw chance.

Dan

YORT40

Reaction score
No points!
And I can't believe it, but DFG rejected my annual petition which would require the state to give any hunter who lives within a certain deer zone 2 points per year.
So I'll be going on vacation for this years hunt.

jlostrander

Reaction score
How was this years rain/snow totals?

I thought it was a good year for snow/rain? But, I read today about the levels being low and we could go on water rashioning?

What is the situation?

YORT40

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jlostrander @ May 30 2008, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How was this years rain/snow totals?

I thought it was a good year for snow/rain? But, I read today about the levels being low and we could go on water rashioning?

What is the situation?[/b]
The last I heard, the majority of the area was 123% of normal. Just got another 12" of snow @ 9,500' elev. over the weekend. The run-off hasn't kicked in to full swing yet. Should be much better than last year.

Slobbermouth

Reaction score
Put in for it as my first choice this year with 1 pt. Drew G3 year before last so im still on a high !

Also put my son in for J12 last year for him as a junior.

Good luck Folks !

MtKrego

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (YORT40 @ May 30 2008, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No points!
And I can't believe it, but DFG rejected my annual petition which would require the state to give any hunter who lives within a certain deer zone 2 points per year.
So I'll be going on vacation for this years hunt.[/b]

That's why I always use my dad's app for the "party leader". Everybody knows the locals get the preference in the drawing!!!

chompot

Reaction score
I put in, hunted it last year and 2 years before that. I always put it in as a first choice. Seem to always see plenty of deer. Plenty of dandy bucks too.

Barkoff

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Capt. Nixon @ May 29 2008, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Who else is putting in for X9A this year? With 3 points I figure I'm gonna get my tag for sure...already started scouting last week whilst fishing.[/b]
My partner and I put in for X9A also, both of us with 3 points also. Had no idea I was a lock on drawing the tag. :)

montana13

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaddyOK @ May 29 2008, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Our party has about 1.25 point avg....I'm thinking that gives us about a 50/50 chance of getting drawn [If someone has a different math result I'd be happy to hear about it]

X9A is our first choice. I drew the area the year before last. I really like it.
The area is so diverse that it works for me for the way I hunt, based on and the equipment I have at the time, the weather, who I'm hunting with and such.[/b]

You'll need some luck to get drawn with a 1.25 average. Last year, the lowest point value drawn via the preference draw was 1.5. If the pool is similar to last year, then you'll have zero chance in the preference draw. Two year's ago, the lowest point value drawn was 1.0. Under that scenario, you would get drawn. But there are a few things working againts the latter scenario occuring this year: 1) last year's success rate was fairly high, which will likely attract more applicants, 2) one more year, means more points, which means that your 1.25 isn't worth as much as it was last year, and 3) threads like this attract attention, which could be enough to move you from a guaranteed tag into the random tag draw (long shot).

With that said, I hope you do get drawn because that will mean that my 2.0 party average will be drawn....unless you win the lottery with the random draw.

Good Luck!

Capt. Nixon

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I'm hoping to be there Capt. how did your scouting go,i'll be up there for 10day's in july!<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Wingbone--The scouting trip went well...more fishing than scouting since i was with a bunch of guys that only wanted to fish...thats ok though..this was more of a trip to scout out the areas i would be scouting out later this summer! I did talk my buddies into some side trips where I told them the fishing would be excellent! hee hee.

On another note...Christmas came early this year when I found out that I will most likely be able to hunt X9a next year also. My hunting partner told me a couple weeks ago that he will have to bail on me this year for x9a...and we both have 3 points each. At first i was bummed...then...late last night it came to me...next year he will have 4 points...if we put in together for x9a...we have a pretty good chance of getting drawn! I called him at about midnight to make sure that he was overnighting his point-only tag to Sacramento!! woohoo!

Anyone else going solo this year?

DaddyOK

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (montana13 @ May 30 2008, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaddyOK @ May 29 2008, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The area is so diverse that it works for me for the way I hunt, based on and the equipment I have at the time, the weather, who I'm hunting with and such.[/b]

You'll need some luck to get drawn with a 1.25 average. Last year, the lowest point value drawn via the preference draw was 1.5. If the pool is similar to last year, then you'll have zero chance in the preference draw. Two year's ago, the lowest point value drawn was 1.0. Under that scenario, you would get drawn. But there are a few things working againts the latter scenario occuring this year: 1) last year's success rate was fairly high, which will likely attract more applicants, 2) one more year, means more points, which means that your 1.25 isn't worth as much as it was last year, and 3) threads like this attract attention, which could be enough to move you from a guaranteed tag into the random tag draw (long shot).

With that said, I hope you do get drawn because that will mean that my 2.0 party average will be drawn....unless you win the lottery with the random draw.

Good Luck!
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the perspective...

DaddyOK

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Slobbermouth @ May 30 2008, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Put in for it as my first choice this year with 1 pt. Drew G3 year before last so im still on a high !

Also put my son in for J12 last year for him as a junior.

Good luck Folks ![/b]
How did you do in G-3? Did you post a story in here that I can read?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom