X9b Scouting

Big_C

Reaction score
Finally made it up to an area in X9b to do a little scouting last weekend. Didn't see a whole lot of deer, but what we saw was good quality. We spotted these two guys at close to 12,000' and got to within 250yds before they disappeared over the ridge. By the time we made it to the top they were long gone. The one on the left had 4 points and the one on the right had 6. Sorry about the poor photos - I'm still trying to figure out a new digital and don't seem to have the zoom mastered yet!

Big_C

Reaction score
Here's another pic of the same two bucks:

wingbone_2003

Reaction score
NICE photo's hopefully you will tag one of those boy's come opening day!

deadducks

Reaction score
If you go up and over that hill, does it look down on a camping area near Bishop creek?

Looks like an area I was in last year. Hunt ALL DAY, and glass the hills very slow. Those deer are almost invisable. I over looked many of them last year.

Hunt as high as you can unless you get some real cold weather.

Good luck, and shoot the sucker my buddy missed last year.

YORT40

Reaction score
If Deadducks is talking about the correct ridge, and I think he is. Get there early to beat the traffic jam. Talk about a popular area to be on opening weekend. Think about the time you took the pictures & the direction they were heading. The timber on the west side makes for a great place to catch some zzz's.

fishboat1

Reaction score
Good luck in tagging one of thse critters. I really like X9b although I put in and got drawn for X9a this year.

Mike H

Big_C

Reaction score
Sounds like it's a good thing we tranquilized these guys and installed Lo-Jack on 'em!
They can run but they can't hide...

C

hronk

Reaction score
Oh, they can hide...trust me... I get first chance on them in archery season!....hronk

Big_C

Reaction score
Hey , just leave me a few leftovers then...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom