X9B

Cda55

Reaction score
The time is here to go and scout. I'll only have the chance to get in one long day on this trip but I'll take pics and video. We'll be back Saturday night. I'll post up what we saw.

buckkillerdeluxe

Reaction score
Cda55-

Let me know what you find, I'll be real interested to know where you go and what you see. It has been a few years since I have been over to the east side of the Sierras.

Good Luck,

Jesse

Cda55

Reaction score
Not a good weekend. Grandpa is in the hospital. It didn't look too good when I left. They said they didn't know anything they could do except make him pain free and let him go. But this morning, the old man fooled them, Awake and doing good. The doctors still don't have an answer for how good he's doing. Day at a time still but a lot better then it was.

The scouting was at best a fly by but I saw the country and got some maps. No deer at all. I do have pics and video of about 100 elk. When I get JLIP to work I'll post them all. We pretty much made the rounds at North and South lake. Never got to get in the woods. I had more importamt things to deal with at the house and came home. I hope I can get back up there and gather a little bit more. Cda55

Cda55

Reaction score
If you don't have reservations......good luck. We got the last room at the vagibond I think it's called. The place was a mad house

warren nelson

Reaction score
we went above kersagre Pass Did n't see alot up there, Next stop was coyote flats saw some tracks and one large mountain lion, saw a few does(local deer down low) on the trip But no bucks, but did see some sign. I do believe to hunt this area you will have to hunt high or you will not see much, This area needs some weather to change up where the deer are. Talked to a few hikers who spent the week back in on some of the little lakes and they saw some deer but no-one saw any bucks. One guys saw deer everyday around one lake but never saw any bucks and thinks he was seeing the same deer day in and day out. But the fishing was great in the backcountry lakes everyone we talked to said they caught a lot of fish, I had a pretty good weekend just didn't see what we was after. Maybe next time. It H ell finding your way into coyote flats area so many roads up that way that deadend. The lion was only 25 yds from us I had walk almost up to him when it decide to leave the rocks it was hiding behind, didn't seem to afraid of humans.

Top Bottom