ya-yas

bandblaster

Reaction score
i was just wondering what you guys thought of them i personally dont think they work but all they do is create a headach i admit it seems sometimes the snows at wister are looking for whatever noise they can find what do you all think

Whitey1

Reaction score
I have spent some time at Wister and it does seam that when the snows are flying that thay are allways on top of the that YA YA sound, I want one.

Whitey

d trees

Reaction score
NANANANANANANANANANA,  dont know what you are talking about

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
bandblaster,

I agree with you they give me a headache, the headache I get is because I wish I owned one.

huntducks

Reaction score
I would rather have a e-caller then one of then party noise makers, yayayayaya.:party-whistle:

mouthcallinmatt

Reaction score
I have one but as you can see by my username it isn't the first call I choose to use. I know a lot of guys at Wister that use them but only a handful use them properly. If you find the guys that use them correctly and ask them who taught them how to a ya-ya call, most likely they learned from a guy named Phil Simms or someone else that learned from him a long time ago. It is my understanding that he was one of the guys (if not the one) who took the old Herter's Numara Goose Call and changed the way it was tuned to produce the ya-ya as it is known today.

Yes, it is annoying to listen to but I've seen it dominate in an area as tough as Wister is to hunt Snows. Wister is tough because there is always someone in the area you are hunting that won't let the birds work by sky-busting and there are a lot of bad callers too. I'm still a firm believer that less is better most of the time when calling waterfowl but the ya-ya has proven to me that my theory isn't always true. As with any call, it depends on how and when it is used.

foulshot

Reaction score
Matt, Welcome to Jesses!  Sounds like you will fit right in here.

Man, do those things give me a brainswell.  But like everyone has said, I wish I had one.

mouthcallinmatt

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I used to post on the old California DFG talk forum under the username Fowl Fooler. I haven't had much time to look for another site and then I happened upon this one. I've seen this site before when there was no Talk Forum. When I saw there was a Talk Forum I had to check it out and noticed a lot of familiar names. It looks like a lot of the guys that used the DFG site have transfered to this one. That's great, I feel right at home.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom