Yashica 3300 Wiring

GeorgiaHunter

Reaction score
Does anyone have info and or pictures of the connections to the Yashica as used in the Digital Cam Trakker?

I recall a post from a few weeks ago where someone had a Cam Trakker that was destroyed by a racoon and the camera was ruined by rain. Can anyone find this post?

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
I believe that post referred to the 35mm version and not the digital one.  I could be wrong.  From what little experience I have had in wiring into them try to stay away from Digital cameras that have a single integrated button for the on/off and shutter functions.  These are almost impossible to wire into since they use a small metal feelers to rotate the mode to on/off and this makes it really difficult to wire to and it makes it impossible to get your wires out of the camera.  The separate on/off button like the Canon and Sony make it possible to wire into and get your wires out of the camera without drilling holes.  This is just an observation from taking a few apart.

If I am not mistaken the Cam Trakker states that the Digital Micro Elite can be removed from the unit and used as a regular camera.  This implies that there is a communication port being used to control the camera.  The PIC micros I use can probably simulate this and control the camera without wiring into it.  I will have to look into this and see if I can get the communications protocal and commands.  If so then there would be no need in wiring into this camera.  Kodak gives there communications protcal to the public but Sony does not.  I don't know about Kyocera which makes the Micro Elite.

Brian

jayber

Reaction score
That would be excellent if there's a comm. port and one wouldn't have to wire into it <crossing fingers>.  Keep us posted!

Top Bottom