Yashica EZ Digital pic

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I saw this poor fella on Saturday. After talking to the guy who owned this F150 4x4, who claimed the parking pin had broken, I felt like my day wasn't going so bad. Apparently he was putting in the plug with the truck running, when he heard a noise, and the truck and boat headed for the river. It all floated 100 yards down stream where it finally got hung up on a sandbar. I walked down through the woods and took a couple of test pictures with the Yashica EZ digital 1.3. I thought I would share this picture with the story, so you all can look at it the next time you think your having a bad day!

jayber

Reaction score
Now that would S U C K!!!!   What body of water did it wind up in Coyotebandit, one of the local lakes?

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Man talking about bad luck. I hope he had good insurance. Thanks for showing us. It makes me feel lucky compared to him.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
THis definitely redefines having a bad day for me.

That is some serious bad luck.

THe day time picture from the EZ looks good though if you can even consider that at this time.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Jayber,

That is the Wisconsin River, about 45 miles upsteam from the where it enters the Mississippi river. Directly downstream from the boat launch it's about 20 feet deep, and averages a 5 mph current. I guess it only took a few minutes for it to float this far. When I first saw it the windshield wipers were still going, but not for long.

jayber

Reaction score
Was going to guess the Wisconsin.  Man, I feel for the dude!

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
that is really too bad...at least he got the bilge plug in...

SHARP SHOOTER

Reaction score
Hey bandit,
If I were to ever own a Ford, thats what I would have to use it for,......a boat anchor!

bat

Reaction score
Now if that were a jeep I might believe he could do that hehe, but pulling a boat into the water to unload it hmmmmmm.  Broke rule #'s 1,2,3,4,5, etc.  Good picture coyote, what's that kind of ring in the sky....birds maybe??

(Edited by bat at 10:59 pm on Mar. 19, 2002)

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Bat,
I think that ring in the sky is just from my crappy program that I used to resize the image. The original larger pic didn't have it. I didn't think anyone wanted to see a 1280x960 version. As happy as I was to see that was a Ford, Man that had to suck. I talked to a friend who lives near the river, and he said he saw the truck sitting in a body shop parking lot later that day. He said he couldn't figure out why there was a big puddle around it, now he knows why!

Stever

Reaction score
Talkin to a guy last week that had something similar happen backed down the ramp, went to jump out instead of going from bull low reverse to park he put it in reverse or neutral. upon getting out door hit him knocked him don and ran over his shoulder. He watched in pain as truck boat and trailer went for the dive! Insurance picked up whole tab!

Top Bottom