YEE HAW!!!

Buck-eye

Reaction score
I finally got some great answers on my bow noise. Took it to the BPS. By luck, they were having an archery expo. The only techs working there were from Martin. That is my bow type. Anyway, long story short, my bow is fine. Their first bit of advise was to stop shooting under the covered porch and the noise amount will drop drastically. (duh) Second, I have a 31" draw, an my arrow weight was way low on the charts. I was trimmed down as far as I could go. So, they suggested a weight increase. Boy did that open up the purchasing floodgates! Since I am going to buy new arrows, I thought- what the hell. I now want a new sight, Sims stabilizer, peep sight without tubing.... I know it is kinda late to revamp my rig but who is gonna turn down a chance to shop at a huntin store? So, I am now in the sight market. I love all the models with the dial adjustments, and built in allen wrenches. Any suggestions are appreciated. If it sits off the bow a bit, I can throw a limbsaver on it. Helps a little more with noise. Those hatchet cams of mine, along with my draw length, creat a lot of thwak. Also, lets talk about fletchings. I have the Gold Tips, and I need to go to a heavier arrow. I may just increase the weight (up to the 7595 model), although Bearclaw suggested I look at Carbon Express. I believe I shot those at one time as well. I like the blazer fletchings, but I dont know if those are engineered for hunting, or just competition.

Joe Buck-eye

Rancho Loco

Banned
Reaction score
Good luck on the GT's - they're backordered everywhere right now.

I just picked up some PSE x-weave predators (300's), and they are shooting great.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Buckeye, check out carbon express terminator hunter selects
and if you use blazer vanes it depends on your rest and cable clearance, their shorter vanes in length but a little taller in height so they just dont work with every set up out there so do a little home work when selecting vanes. good luck..........tra

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
Blazers are designed for hunting, but their taller profile can cause some contact on bows with very lttle clearance. I shoot blazers and they steer my shuttle locks real nice.

I just fecently upgraded to a Spot Hogg hunter hoggit, very nice, easy to dial in, and the micro adjustable pins make getting it on the money easy. well worth the extra coin in my opinion. Montana Black Gold has some new sghts wth the photochromatic stuff over the pins, keeps them bright in low light and not too bright in high light, worth a look as well.

There are a ton of great arrows out there, like I told you before I would get the straightest arrow on the market in your price/spine/weight range possible, but also very tight weght tolerances.

For the peep you will prop want to get a custom string, that was the only way I was able to keep my peep from adjusting, and even then eventually it will rotate a bit.

good luck bro, by the time it is all said and done you will prob spend as much as you would have on a new bow, only with the best accessores a decent bow becomes a great bow.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Spot Hogg sight, Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rest, and some new stiffer arrows and you'll be all set.

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
I have always loved the drop zone, but on my new Elite, which should finally be in either today or tomorrow, per the tracking number, I will put a ripcord, hopefully with enough Zeke mods I can have that shooting as quietly as my drop zone, only reason I am switching is I was getting contact with my blazers on the Nap arrow cradle with theses larger diameter Carbon Techs, which is a PITA.

Also Bucky, with your draw length you will be shooting a 450-500gr or so finished arrow with just about anything spined right. My finished arrow weight is about 400gr and I am shooting 27". In otherwords, depending on your bow's speed, you will be shooting enough weight to bust a boar bow to stern with some left over energy, just the way it should be.

now get off the darn porch and shoot that thing.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom