Yet another stolen camera. Ideas for prevention and paybacks. Browning Stalker gamecam. Trailcam

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I just found one of my Browning Stalker cams and lockbox missing. They cut the master cable lock. All told counting camera, lockbox, SD card and batteries about $200 worth.

Im going to bait the crooks back with an old broken camera. We believe they swiped my camera so they can steal citrus and avacados on my friends grove,. They cut the fence in same place to do that 2 years ago and its harvest time for the cados and oranges.

Now for the good part. Not only will they get a broken cheapo simmon camera, Ive loaded up some nasties on the SD. card You just know they are gonna pop that card into their puter to look at pics. Say that card gets into innocent hands, whats my liability for spreading nasties?

Im also gonna put a no IR flash cam in overwatch to try and get pics of the thieves.

Any thoughts?

Limited Out

Reaction score
Would a model that sends fotos to your phone solve that problem, you might get a foto of the thief.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
yeah LO, weve got a couple of those going up too. Creative XP models. $290 on amazon. USed ones for $230. I'll post a review of them. They were easy to set up and they have a $7 a month plan or $14 plan. We went with the $14 plan just to make sure we dont max out.

P304X4

Reaction score
Probably a bad idea but a trip flare and a couple of nasty rottweilers come to mind.

Limited Out

Reaction score
Mine sends pics to my phone, I still doubt I would ever catch the thief even if I had a photo of him. What's the solution?

P304X4

Reaction score
Night patrol with a drone equipped with night vision might work but that would be an expensive remedy and still may not be 100% effective in catching the perp(s).

Smithb9841

Reaction score
I remember reading a story of someone super glueing razor blades to the side of political signs that were being stolen out of their front yard right where the thieves would grab them.. of course I would never recommend that I’m just noticing the similarities :rolleyes:(y)

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom