Yolo Bypass Closure

overunder

Reaction score
I went to the Sportsmen Expo on Saturday and as I was driving by I noticed the gate was open to the wildlife area.On the way home I stopped there and saw that refuge was open for bird watching up to parking lot B.This is past the area that was supposed to have been flooded and inaccessable.Can anyone explain to me how DFG can legally close hunting down and still allow other user groups to use the area. My daughter had reservations for the two previous Saturdays so I called both weeks and was told that it would be impossible to repair the roads before the season ended.Funny how they are only closed to the hunters.Just to let you know,Yolo does not charge an access fee for the non-hunters as most refuges do.I plan to contact DFG an express my displeasure at the way they handled this.I would hope that CWA  might look into this also since they do look after our interests in the state.Let me know how you guys feel about this.
O/U

mustystubs

Reaction score
I guess that means that the only possible reason for putting in for reservations at Yolo is now gone.  The hope that the thing floods and then you can use your res at another refuge.

I hunted mid-season with a low res and picked a blind near a parking lot.  Only to be told after my selection that that lot was closed and I would have to haul all my stuff a very long ways just to get to the original lot.  Then the way to the blind wasn't marked from the auxilary lot causing me to have to go back to the check station for directions.  Finally made it into the blind, a major mud hole, after shoot time.  Ended up with zero ducks, muddy and in a generally foul mood.  I'm scratching Yolo off my list next season.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom