Yolo Bypass - Pheasants

Bodie

Reaction score
Tried pheasant hunting at Yolo Bypass for the first time.  I hunted doves there this year and saw quite a few chickens out, so I thought I would give it a try.

I talked to the guy at the check station prior to heading out and he said that they had seen some decent results for pheasants (NOT DUCKS) this year.

I headed West out of parking lot F.  I walked for 2 plus hours with my dog and only got one bird, a rooster up.  Unfortunately, it was a little out of range and I did not get it.  

Anyways it was my first skunk for the season.  Not sure if I would go back there again for pheasant hunting.  I didn't really like the vegetation and cover availiable for the birds.

Also, I saw zero ducks moving around while I was there.

Going to give Gray Lodge a try this Wednesday.  Got ressi #68.

Whoadog

Reaction score
 I sat next to tom Blakenship at a Pheasants Forever dinner a couple of weeks ago and we were talking about pheasant hunting of refuges.  I told him my office is ten minutes away from Yolo and I have never hunted there because I was told is was poor and he recommended I give it a try that the hunting pressure for pheasants there is low.

Brian

Top Bottom