You are NOT going to believe what just happened to me

Buck-eye

Reaction score
I opened up our garage door here in our master planned Orlando community to get a phone number out of my truck. The first thing I notice as the door was rising, was two wild pigs rooting up my front flower bed, approx 25 feet away. Our 6 month old dog was tailing me out to go to the bathroom. The pigs look up, and come toward us in the garage! I quickly kick the dog back in to the house. For whatever reason, the pigs went back to rooting. My Mathews was on the top shelf in the hardcase, so that wasnt an option. BUT, thanks to Arrowhead (beloved JHO Member), there was a brand new Fred Bear bow that he had given to Lil Buck-eye within arm's length. I grabbed it, and slid an arrow in to it. The boar is at about 6 yards. I let loose with the arrow and it sticks right in to the shoulder. The pigs take off in to the neighborhood. They seemed inseparable. The one is running with an arrow poking through its side, while the other one is still feeding in people's yards. It was the oddest thing. They stayed together the entire time. I called our Game Agency to make sure I was within the law. They confirmed that I was okay, but I could not finish off the pig unless I had permission from the owner of the yard they were in, or unless they were in mine.
By this time, the pigs had crossed the street, and gone behind other houses. They were about 150 yards from our home and out of sight. By this time, neighbors had called the police, and they were all standing outside wondering what was up.
Here is where it gets crazy....

I figure the only way to finish this hunt is to attempt to get them back in to our yard. I found them behind a house down the street, and I began to chase them, all the while clapping my hands. It was unreal. They did what I wanted. The sow (uninjured) went wherever the boar went. I stayed right on his tail. I even got close enough to pull the arrow out of his side. He didnt like that too much at all.
Unbelievably, I get them to cross the street and they get in to my yard. The boar flops down in to my bed that he rooted up. I run in to the garage to get the Mathews. No time to get the release. I grab one arrow, and head out the garage. The boar is looking at me and bedded low. I release another arrow and all hell breaks loose. The boar jumps up squealing bloody murder. The arrow didnt completely pass through as it hit the ground behind it. But, upon jumping up, it snapped the arrow in half. Both pigs bolt across the street and at that point I see the sheriffs pulling in.

I put the bow away, stood outside and let them know that I am who they need to talk to. They head over to the pigs (who are still together). The one is dead (or appears to be), and the sow is still feeding in the yard. Both sheriffs go over to the boar with guns drawn and one of them pops 3 shots in its head. Hit the jaw 3 times. Goofball.
The second sheriff grabs a rope, and hog ties the sow. They load that one in the truck alive. I asked if they needed anything from me, they said "Nope! You want the pig?" I said - HECK YA!
So, in my little gated community, good old neighbor Joe...drags the dead pig across the road to my yard. My peaceful community is now tainted with a blood trail in the street and pooling blood on the sidewalk. This was all so bizarre. I had multiple neighbors I had never met coming up to take pictures.

This is by far the craziest bow kill I have ever been a part of. Here are some pictures of the event. There is no fabrication in this tale. It was so whacky, I have trouble even typing it without pausing to say " I cannot believe this all went down"

Pictures...

Attachments

One Track

Reaction score
What kind of bait were you using. Corn and diesel? Best story I've ever heard. Did you have a broadhead loaded on the second shot? It looks like it. Buck Eye is notorious for getting close to critters. He shot a javelina a 5 feet.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
freaking classic! What happened to his tail?

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
Insane. Good thing that happend East and South of the insane line, or you would be ahead of many on death row if that went down in San Diego.

Awesome story, when does this get published? I bet that neighborhood is never the same, feeders next to the Ferrari's, and treehouses with shoot thru mesh.

I love it.

2rocky

Reaction score
Speckmisser needs to put this in his Hog Blog.....

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
Awesome story Buck-eye! ^5's all around!!!!!

cam188

Reaction score
Thats is great I wish I had pigs in my front yard lol.....

oneshothunter

Reaction score
thats a great story and pics kool .. hunting pigs at your place sounds fun lol

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
Man, that is so bizarre! I will be checking youtube, you may be famous now...LOL Nice job on the porker

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Dang, Florida...

Was all that pig shooting covered by the Castle Doctrine?

shovelerslayer

Reaction score
Did you even think about gutting it in your neighbors tree. That would have made it the ultimate classic!

Top Bottom