You decide, as Fox News says...is waterboarding right or wrong?

1fitspirit

Reaction score
AP: Former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge Says Waterboarding is Torture

"WASHINGTON — The first secretary of the Homeland Security Department says waterboarding is torture.

"There's just no doubt in my mind — under any set of rules — waterboarding is torture," Tom Ridge said Friday in an interview with the Associated Press. Ridge had offered the same opinion earlier in the day to members of the American Bar Association at a homeland security conference.

"One of America's greatest strengths is the soft power of our value system and how we treat prisoners of war, and we don't torture," Ridge said in the interview. Ridge was secretary of the Homeland Security Department between 2003 and 2005. "And I believe, unlike others in the administration, that waterboarding was, is — and will always be — torture. That's a simple statement.""

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,323968...ons/waronterror

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

McCain Says Bush Should Veto Bill Barring CIA's Use of Waterboarding

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,331531...ons/waronterror

YELLOW SPRINGS, Ohio — Republican presidential candidate John McCain said President Bush should veto a measure that would bar the CIA from using waterboarding and other harsh interrogation methods on terror suspects.

McCain voted against the bill, which would restrict the CIA to using only the 19 interrogation techniques listed in the Army field manual.

His vote was controversial because the manual prohibits waterboarding — a simulated drowning technique that McCain also opposes — yet McCain doesn't want the CIA bound by the manual and its prohibitions.

pbrdog

Reaction score
Waterboarding would be a tea party for what I'd do with them.

gwhunter69

Reaction score
head cut off for the world to see vs. waterboarding...Hmmm...let me think about that one.

bobcatman04

Reaction score
how about waterboarding to get info. then off with there heads.

easymoney

Reaction score
Public hangings on the court house steps, live at 6...

pbrdog

Reaction score
How about a good old fashioned stoning. They seem to enjoy that. Link

masonjarlid

Reaction score
You know what's wrong with this country today? There are a bunch of sissies running it, and they are listening to a bunch of sissies telling them what to do. Who gives a crap if it's torture except a bunch of sissies! Pansies the whole lot of them.

As far as I am concerned stick a water hose up their arse and turn them into sprinklers.

YORT40

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (masonjarlid @ Apr 2 2008, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You know what's wrong with this country today? There are a bunch of sissies running it, and they are listening to a bunch of sissies telling them what to do. Who gives a crap if it's torture except a bunch of sissies! Pansies the whole lot of them.

As far as I am concerned stick a water hose up their arse and turn them into sprinklers.[/b]
Thank you!!
War is not pretty and I would hope while we are in this thing for the purpose of winning it!

Jeff S.

Reaction score
You do know that our guys who have access to sensitive materials are water boarded until they pass out for training purposes. I've heard a number of them speak about it and they don't think it's torture, so why should anyone else?

It's probably less torture than a Marine Corps obstacle course.

1fitspirit

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (masonjarlid @ Apr 2 2008, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

As far as I am concerned stick a water hose up their arse and turn them into sprinklers.[/b]
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And when someone shoves a hose up a captured Marine's butt, is it torture, or is the Marine an unfortunate casualty of war?

pbrdog

Reaction score
SERE (Surival Escape Resist and Evasion) school does waterboarding in the prison camp when you get captured. I never heard of anyone dieing from it though.

sdbowyer

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1fitspirit @ Apr 2 2008, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (masonjarlid @ Apr 2 2008, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And when someone shoves a hose up a captured Marine's butt, is it torture, or is the Marine an unfortunate casualty of war?
[/b][/quote]

You're comparing a uniformed U.S. soldier to a terrorist. That's unfortunate.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
Ridge was and is a total looser. He got a no nothing job for whatever reason.
Then he bailed.

1fitspirit

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sdbowyer @ Apr 2 2008, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1fitspirit @ Apr 2 2008, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (masonjarlid @ Apr 2 2008, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

You're comparing a uniformed U.S. soldier to a terrorist. That's unfortunate.
[/b][/quote]
No, I'm not comparing them in the way that you infer. I am comparing their relative situations. Did you ever hear or read about the awful things the Japanese did to our soldiers in WWII, and how outraged we were, and how we swore we would never stoop to that level. What's different between then and now? Nothing. If we do it to them, they will do it to us. If you support torture, then you are condoning the torture of our servicemembers. THAT is unfortunate.

masonjarlid

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1fitspirit @ Apr 2 2008, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

The thing about all of this that pisses me off is they already do worse than waterboarding to our Troops. So why should we care about being "humane" to a bunch of terrorists.

chuckslayer

Reaction score
Yes; we should never stoop to their level of torture...

We should pass a law... that we will stay just one short step above what the enemy do to ours that they have captured !

e.g...if they cut a coalition captive's head off, we should cut a captured terrorist's head only part way off !

gwhunter69

Reaction score
I do not know what shoving a hose up a Marine's butt has to do with waterboarding. But last time I heard waterboarding causes no physical or long term psychological damage, but even if it did I would support doing whatever it took to get information if it saves American lives.

sdbowyer

Reaction score
"What's different between then and now?"

Plenty. Terrorists are not soldiers representing a government. They don't respect or care about moral high ground. Apples and oranges.

Hartseeker

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gwhunter69 @ Apr 2 2008, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I do not know what shoving a hose up a Marine's butt has to do with waterboarding. But last time I heard waterboarding causes no physical or long term psychological damage, but even if it did I would support doing whatever it took to get information if it saves American lives.[/b]
Ah, there's the rub. People like 1fit don't give a rat's ass about saving American lives. Their only concern is the wellbeing of the poor terrorists.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom