You gotta see this! Perhaps the best deer recovery video ever!

Bubblehide

Banned
Reaction score
Slant, my guess is that it's a new poster, that posted a vid' it won't post up until the normal screening for spam is complete.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
Huntress, Bubblehide is right; new members have their posts moderated for a short time until we know you're not a spammer from Russia or a bot that posts links for Nike knockoff shoes or junk like that. I think it's only five posts; you'll be up to snuff shortly.

That's great. Gotta love the kid's excitement. On a side note, that's almost EXACTLY the kind of thick stuff that I hunt regularly. No 300 yard shots like you guys in CA have. But then, you've gotta drag it out of all that junk too. Sometimes (often times) it's too thick for a cart and all you CAN do is drag.

Common Sense

Reaction score
That's great. Gotta love the kid's excitement. On a side note, that's almost EXACTLY the kind of thick stuff that I hunt regularly. No 300 yard shots like you guys in CA have. But then, you've gotta drag it out of all that junk too. Sometimes (often times) it's too thick for a cart and all you CAN do is drag.
I have made a couple of those 300+ yard shots, but most of my CA deer were under 50 yards and in lots of brush. Last year I finally found a buck for my grandson that was during bow season, so it was about 30 yards(we didn't have a range finder). At that range, most deer just fall down when shot with a rifle; but not so with an arrow. We gave it time to lay down, and then tried to recover him. After an hour of searching, all we found was tons of blood but no deer. Told my grandson we had best stop looking, cause we were just muddying the trail. I got some help and it took five minutes to find the deer that was less than 200 yards from where it was shot. Nice young buck in full velvet, small antlers but a 4 x 4 --- which is not common in my neck of the woods. Grandsons reaction was very similar to the video.

bsandls

Reaction score
that was great, my eyes are "sweating".

slanttop357

Reaction score
Hi belch can you change who started this thread ? credit needs to go to (huntress308)Thanks.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
It should be right now. I approved the thread, but then had to go back and approve the individual post. It's all good, I think.

mtnsammy

Reaction score
Love it. With all the folks I am meeting learning to hunt with 500-1500yrd shots will never know the excitement and fulfillment this young lad had. Good shot and great excitement. No glory jumps or "I killed it" comments. He looks thrilled for the simple reason he was successful not a trophy not an extremist. WTG and may he have many satisfying meals he placed on the table.

Top Bottom