You wont believe

thehairlessone

Reaction score
I am such an ass! I was working on a camera and had everything done. I had the sensor mounted the glass in, put the camo tape on and was about to set the camera into the ammo box and the holes didnt line up!

I have a template that I use for the holes but i guess i had it flipped over when I drew them on the ammo box. I cant believe I did that. Now I have to start all over.

:shootin:

rick

davered1

Reaction score
I bet there is a "THIS END UP" on the template now ,right?

thehairlessone

Reaction score
OH YEAH! the first thing i did was labeled that thing and drilled out another ammo box. You can bet that wont happen again.

rick

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Ouch!

I did that too but  on a Nestle Box and I turned it around, redrilled the holes properly and the camo tape covered my mistake (and held in the 'plugs')

I would have admitted that on that other post but my mind did a good job of blanking that error out I guess, I had forgotten about it  

Tinhorn

thehairlessone

Reaction score
The good thing is I was going to make a decoy cam anyway so this will be it. Last year I had my deercam stolen so i am going to put this one on the same tree with a note inside that says something like "If you are reading this note you are completely screwed because I have pictures of you taking this camera and the other one that disappeared in dec. so you better put them both back! OR i am calling the police!"

It might not work but there is a chance it could. I figure even if a different person takes this one they should be scared enough to put this one back and never mess with them again.

rick

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Or they may spend hours looking for the other phantom cam, they think has taken their picture, that's not there. Would serve them right!

:leering:

wfontjr

Reaction score
how many times have you soldered the rca jacks and forgot to slip the cover on the wires first, i have lost count

Tinhorn

Reaction score
thehairlessone,

That is a good idea about placing a dummy cam on the tree where the stolen one was.   I bet most do return to the scene of the crime and hope another is there (fortunatley, they all think the rest of us are as stupid as they are and will make the same mistake again)

If (when) I get one stolen, I'm going to do the same thing.....

<font face="courier new">
      I won't press charges if you bring back the camera you stole.
      The same hidden camera you didn't find last time is taking
      your pix NOW!
</font>

Tinhorn

thehairlessone

Reaction score
that is a good idea too tinhorn! My original plan was to put a decoy on the same tree with a real cam aimed at it. But i thought that is a little risky too. I figured I would wait on that unless another one gets stolen then I will be out for revenge!

I figured I could put one up in the trees aiming down at it and if they try to steal it hopefully they will fall and break their damn necks!

The good thing is, the goofballs who i am sure took it are supposed to be moving but in case I am wrong I want the decoy up. I am sure whoever took it comes back looking once in a while.

rick

Tinhorn

Reaction score
By the way Rick,  I noted your decoy idea in the Stolen Cam Posts......

Tinhorn

Top Bottom