Young Bobcat

W

wildebeast

So used to aiming camera for owl pf ( which takes longer to trigger after setting for a while ) that when I placed my 380 for a bobcat I aimed just off by a smidge....the 380 triggers faster so I didn't quite get the whole bobcat in the pic...It is sooooo hard to get that perfect picture. It shows you that the pictures in the JHO's contest were hard to get and I would imagine there were ten's of thousand of photo's taken. Congrats to all the winners

cliff

Attachments

thehairlessone

Reaction score
is that the closest bobcat picture ever to be posted on here??

Great Pic!

rick

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Looks like he is going to jump into your lap.

wildebeast, I like the positioning on that one, it lets you see what the cat is looking at. If he was centered I would wonder what was on the right that drew his attention.

arrowsmith

Reaction score
I'm with Jesse, that's just the way I would like it also.

Great photo!

W

wildebeast

I think you're right...looks like it is pulling his back leg up close so it can spring onto something??????? I do know what he is thinking and looking at ....sorry can't let out all my secrets. I try to get them to not look at the camera so I don't get all the glare....on real close shots I use the 380 or AF...seems to work well

I do like the picture and it is close. Took a while to get it tho.

cliff

archer2

Reaction score
wildebeast, Great pic.
You using live bait?
How far was the bobcat from the camera?
On a digital like the 380 can you set the digital zoom or will it only stay at the one setting?

W

wildebeast

archer2...no I don't use live bait...the bobcat was about 3 feet from the camera.
I have never used the digital zoom, I just place the cam close and use all the lense area I can get. Here's a photo that could have been great but cat was moving too fast....plus the cam had been there so long that a spider had woven a web on the front of cam. Could have been a good daylight shot.

cliff

Attachments

bat

Reaction score
Great pictures wildebeast thanks, I like the Bobcat pictures. I got a few around cats around here like........ 10-15 or the devils if you need them. Don't think I want to back up and set on the ground next to a tree with them around..
bat

Tinhorn

Reaction score
that is a stupendous pix WB except I'd think your bobcats would look a little more ferocious because they have to contend with BigFoot!!!!

Altho I guess all bobcat's across the country are susposed to be the same animal, they sure look different in various parts of the country. I used to think there were "wildcats" which look like yours and Bobcats that look like ours, which are not so yellow....

Thanx for posting, I love predator pix's

Tinhorn

ps, why don't you whisper to me what you used to get it's attention like that, I won't tell anyone but want to use it too he he

Fred Bear

Reaction score
I love that Bobcat pic. That is close and nice. I dont have bobcats in southern mich. are they hard to get on camera?

W

wildebeast

OK tinhorn...I found where a large bobcat had covered over a dead animal, it was very fresh so I placed a camera there for his return...got the pic of the small, maybe this years kitten...placed an owl AF there now so the delay might get one uncovering the carcass. I'll place a pic of an older one here to see if it's the same color of yours down there,

Fred Bear....It takes a long time to find the trails they travel on but then it's just hoping that you get a good picture. Very hard to use bait unless you want a lot of possum pictures. My oldest brother is setting a record for possum pics with 100's of photos.

I have an advantage in that between my two older brothers and I, we have over 150 years combined experience in the woods.

cliff

Attachments

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Big Missouri Bobcat

Can't believe you discovered a cat-kill, that'd be a once in a life time even for me, LOL, and I can seee why you'd put a cam over one.....

Attachments

Haymaker

Reaction score
Great closeup! That's one of the best bobcat photos I've ever seen posted here at JHO!

Fred Bear

Reaction score
can you hunt them or just trap them? I know guy do up north. They sound hard to get a pic of.

garman

Reaction score
Those are cool cat pictures!! I love the spider web too!!!

Here's a pic of a SE Arkanses bobcat... I wish I had the camera facing the other way to get a head on shot.. oh well.

Attachments

W

wildebeast

garman...I love the markings on your bobcat...great picture
Keep at it so we can see it coming toward the cam.

cliff

Top Bottom