Young boy thinking of making a trail camera!

dekalbbasketball

Reaction score
I am 16 and was wondering what camera would be the best to start with?  I don't want to buy an expensive camera and then mess it up.  Also, where can i buy the solder tools i need to do the job?  Thanks in advance!!

dekalbbasketball

Reaction score
Thanks Knobby!  Ever since i have found this website i have been to it almost everyday b/c everyone is so helpful and nice!  Thanks again!

gizz

Reaction score
I agree that the PF is the best cam to solder up but the easiest might be the older style owl AF with the little green dial. My first 2 where this type and i've since did another(got a good buy on it). Either camera will take good pics but the PF lights the night up just a little bit better.

wfontjr

Reaction score
get an old board, practice soldering, tin up the wire, solder point and apply to solder joint on board, practice, practice,practice

dekalbbasketball

Reaction score
Thanks you guys!  I am going to go to Radio Shack tomorrow and see if i can get a soldering tool!  Thanks again!

Gator

Reaction score
I think the af is easier to solder because the pins are farther apart than the pf, and as far as the pir, the lamson you can just take it out of the box and solder a wire on the bottom of the socket and one in the middle on the inside of the socket, straight out of the box no modifications needed and your ready to go.

Stever

Reaction score
My only suggesstion is to use real thin wires. My best results have been to use an old printer cable. Strip off the outside inside you will find 16 perfect sized wires for easy soldering.

dekalbbasketball

Reaction score
Thanks you guys you have been a big help!  I couldn't get to Radio Shack today because of basketball practice, but am hoping to go tomorrow!  Thanks-Adam

Latest Posts

Top Bottom