Your Biggest Bass

Thonzberry

Reaction score
Just wondering how many Bass fisherman out there have landed any BIG ones. My best is 11lbs. 2oz. at Castiac Lake. I have caught a few in the 10lb. range.

Loye

Reaction score
I like it! A bass forum! Well im not much of a bass fisherman,maybe because i really havent caught many except for a few white bass at Nacimiento. So I would have to say my biggest was a mere 2 lber.

Thonzberry

Reaction score
Rimrock, I remember when you posted that. Very nice.

The Buck Stopper

Reaction score
My biggest weighed 5 pounds on one of those cheap spring scales from WalMart for about $4.00. Howver, it was 24 inches long. It was an awesome fish. Enormous mouth. When they get big, you can really tell. I'm from Upstate NY, so the fish don't get nearly as big here as they do in TX, CA, or Florida. It was interesting how I caught him. At the time I was fishing with live worms, and I had just caught a sunny. I was reeling in the sunny, and about 10 feet from shore I felt this monster tug. I was out in the water in bare feet, and I beat it out of the water onto land. The monster got off, so of course I casted again. Got him again about 10 feet from land. The one other 5 pounder a friend of mine got was caught almost exactly the sme way. I guess the big ones are too smart for lures sometimes!

m57jager

Reaction score
I said I wouldn't keep a bass til my first double digit. I hooked a bass that felt about 5-6 lbs then I saw her roll. She took off. I got her in and weighed mt biggest so far at 9.9 lbs. So, I still don't have one on the wall.

ZEKEDAWG

Reaction score
5.5# large mouth on a cricket while fishing for bluegill in a pond off the Sacramento river.
Many spots in the 4 # range, now that is a fight.

One Track

Reaction score
Grew up in a bass boat and never put one on the wall. Biggest is an 8-4 out of El Capitan Res. in San Diego. That was in a tournament, and I took Big Bass Award. Think I was about 13 yrs. old. My Pa has a 12-14 and a 13-6 on the wall.

bzzboyz

Reaction score
I spent the first 30 years of my life saltwater fishing. I did not start freshwater fishing until I was 30 years old. The first freshwater trip I made was with my dad and a friend of his who lived on Lake Sam Rayburn. My first day ever freshwater fishing I brought in a 9.5 lb. and my dad got a 8.5 lb largemouth. My dad never freshwater fished again but I was hooked (literally). I have yet to do any better in the last 12 years. Unfortunately I did not get those on film. The are both mounted (because they were both of our first big ones) but at my dads house. I need to get mine back one of these days. I do have this picture of a 4-4.5 pounder I got on my last trip this spring. Not sure because I did'nt have a scale.

By the way. Thanks for adding this section on the forum.

Attachments

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Are we talking ones that got into the boat or that didn't?

If we're talking ones in the boat my biggest was 8-9 out of Lake Hartwell SC/GA. I If your talking about the biggest one that didn't make it to the boat, well . . .

bzzboyz

Reaction score
LoneWolf, on the ones that got away you have to add a minimum of 5 puonds to those.

One Track

Reaction score
Now we're talkin'. Those are some nice bass there fellers.

fpscabs

Reaction score
Onetrack
YOur dad's bass are really nice looking. You should snap a pic and post for the rest to see.

MNHNTR

Reaction score
Old Vail Lake.... April 1, 1988.......................

Attachments

JD

Reaction score
I caught a 10.2 in 83'. Had plenty of others close to ten. Lake Amador in Ione,Ca. is still one of my vacation spots every year. 5.2 last month at Diamond valley. This place is a must for the SoCal angler. Good luck all- JD

Tsmola

Reaction score
about 5 1/2-6 pounds, I have one 5 pounder on the wall, but he's not nearly my biggest one, I let my biggest one go

Top Bottom