Your Biggest Bass

RABruin

Reaction score
Somewhere between 9 - 11 lbs. No Camera, no scale. my Brother in law caught an 8lb'er the week before, mine was considerably larger.

sportyg

Reaction score
JD,

You fish DV from boat or shore ???

yosam_97

Reaction score
Biggest large mouth I ever caught was 9-10. Caught in a small private pond.

chukkars

Reaction score
My biggest was a 7.9 at Paradise Point in the San Juaquin Delta. Actually just a baitfish for that fishery these days. My biggest fish all time so far was 3 weeks ago and I didn't even catch it. I took my 13 year-old son and two of his buddies striper fishing in the Delta and they had the time of their outdoor lives. One of my sons friends had never caught a fish over a pound and the other had only caught trout. One of his friends caught a 15lb. and one caught a 6lb. all on bass-tackle. I learned within 30 minutes of fishing that three 13 year-olds in a 20' bass-boat with baitcasters is a full-time job (and a test of your patience which I passed) so I put my rod away. Best day of fishing I've had in my life. Only thing I caught was three 13 year-old boys who I'll guarantee will be outdoorsmen the rest of their lives and a head-cold. It was cold, raining, geese flying, ducks flying and boys laughing continually. I love the outdoors. Just had to re-focus after I had children on what a successful trip in the outdoors is all about. Not bag limits. Enjoy it with friends and take the kids. That's how you'll keep the anti-hunters at bay. Promote the sport to kids. You'll have more fun than a full game-bag.

Nanny Whacker

Reaction score
My best by far is 12 lb 2 oz. Spring Lake - Defuniak Springs, FL. I will have to dig up the pic to post. I was just a kid back then. Caught it on a blue home made plastic worm my dad made. I was using an old rod I had broken and dad had repaired with electrical tape. 8 lb test line. Some things were just meant to be.

Orygun

Reaction score
Got a smallie under the I-5 bridge on the Tualatin River in Oregon that was just over 4 lbs. Was new to the state then and didn't know it was one of the most polluted rivers in the state or I wouldn't have enjoyed frying it up so much.

big dave

Reaction score
The biggest one I have caught that I was able to weigh was 8.0 lbs even. I have caught two others that I feel sure were over 9 lbs. but I didn't have any scales so I won't make them official. I have caught numerous fish in the 6 to 7 lb. range.

Attachments

bondo

Reaction score
My biggest 9.05 Kings river central cal. I guess if i spent more time at Clear lake or the Delta I could get into the 10+ club.

fishingsetx

Reaction score
My biggest was a 7 pounder that came from a beaver pond. I hooked it and then had to swim through the duck mass and lilly pads to get it (fallen pine tree!!!!). It wasn't very comforting knowing that I had caught a small gator out of that same pond a few week earlier.

bzzboyz

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
It wasn't very comforting knowing that I had caught a small gator out of that same pond a few week earlier. [/b]
Fishingsetex,

Maybe you should just stick to the barefoot saltwater fishing.

fishingsetx

Reaction score
I'll take the gators over what I've seen come out of the gulf!!!!!!!
By the way that gator (plus another) still live in a buddy of mines pond!!!

niels

Reaction score
my biggest is a 10.4 caught on small lake near my house, he sure looks good on my wall, if I ever catch one bigger, I'll take a picture and put him back in the water, I told myself if I ever caught a fish that weighed a solid 10 pounds that it would be the only fish I ever take out of a lake, sure I could of had a fiberglass replica made, but how authentic is that? anybody could say they caught a 10 pounder and get a replica made of it, I wanted the actual fish that I caught.

VHRAM

Reaction score
my largest was a 8 pounder,the one i almost caught had a mouth big enough to put both fists in it, he showed it to me right before he spit the lure back at me.

P. Beyer

Reaction score
Depending on what set of scales you believe,.....

6#s 10 oz, or 7# 2 0z is my biggest. I've landed several 4# & 5# fish thus far this year, I just hope to continue the trend

Schoettgen

Reaction score
Originally posted by fishingsetx@Feb 4 2004, 02:04 PM
I'll take the gators over what I've seen come out of the gulf!!!!!!!
By the way that gator (plus another) still live in a buddy of mines pond!!!
I bet the Gulf does have some big fish, but if you really want to see somthing big try trolling a seal around the Farallons off San Francisco
As to bass my best was a few ounces short of 10lbs . 10 is like a wall I just can't break it. A friend of mine did catch one just a few ounces over 17 and it was spawned out. He liberated it in hopes it would get bigger.

GM4X

Reaction score
8 pounds even, 24" long, caught April 1984. Caught about 1:00AM on a small rapala from a pond in my back yard on the property I rented at the time.
(Sorry about pic, scanned an old polorid)

Attachments

whitetip

Reaction score
My biggest ever was 8 1/2 lbs caught with a nightcrawler on Emily Creek close to Lyndsay,Ontario/Can. I got her at about 3:00p.m. in the blistering heat, (right when I grabbed the mouth to pick her up she spit out a huge sun fish), had her for dinner at about 6:30p.m. and didnt even get a picture.

This one in the pic below was a nice 5 pounder caught with a minnow at the Causeway on Baptist lake Bancroft,Ontario/Can on my birthday August 26th and once again at 2:00p.m. in the blistering heat. Could you ask for a better present!

Ridn9high

Reaction score
I have caught three in the 9# range, but haven't broke that double digit mark. Countless 7's and 8's. Caught the 3-9's on the delta, One on a frog, the other on a brush hog and the last one on a crankbait.

Top Bottom