Your Biggest Bass

Mailman Bill

Reaction score
My biggest was 8 1/4 lbs from a farm pond in Missouri but this was the only one I had a picture. It was from Truman Lake at Osage Bluff. Somewhere around 5 1/2 lbs. He took a nice picture. (the fish)

Attachments

onecoyote

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
I caught an 84 lb Black seabass of the beach in a place called Veriety close to Villa Jesus Maria in Baja, also got a 50 lb White seabass off the same beach. I was using a 10lb Largemouth for bait.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Here are two big girls from Vail Lake Calif. Bob's (on the right) fish went 15-10 and my fish went 15-4. I don't know about Bob, but this fish is still my largest. Both fish were caught on "dads" on the same spot.

Attachments

California Hunter

Reaction score
I am not sure about weight since I am a shore walker and 100% catch and release. All I do is "hunt" big bass at Eastman and / or Hensley Lake. I measure all of my big fish and in the past four years alone I have two that were 28 1/2 inches, five between 27 and 28 inches and lots and lots of fish in the 24 to 26 inch class. I most certainly have caught several over ten pounds and may have two over fifteen pounds (one caught prespawn, and one late summer).

Heartlander

Reaction score
Mine doesn't reach double digits in Lbs., but it is my biggest smallmouth ...so far.

empa

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I went Walleye fishing on Lake Erie. Reeling in I hooked this little guy 10 foot from the boat.
About 5 lbs.

Attachments

7mm RM

Reaction score
Biggest bass - 6lb at Otay on crawdad
A 5.6 at Lake Silverwood, sight fishing white a 1oz white jig, took about 30 minutes before she finally took it.
It is all downhill from there. Attended a couple of Mike Long's seminars and my youngest son got his picture with him a few years ago at the Lake Poway Youth Trout derby when he placed 3rd for his age group. So I guess I could add a few pounds to the big one...LMAO!!!

emg35

Reaction score
My largest was 9.5 on small pond in Adelaide CA 8 to 9yrs. She is still out there and my hope is to get her on a scale again and get a pic this time.

cordell

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cordell @ Dec 4 2004, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well it's time for a fish story. My largest fish to date has been a 6lb 13oz, but let me begin the story of the one that got away. My nephew and I were fishing a neighbores 5 acre pond when I hooked a nice bass on a Wee R crankbait. My nephew asked how big do you think it is and I said oh not that big, maybe 2lbs it's not pulling very hard, it was at this point the drag started singing and I said boy was I wrong this is a monster. The fish made a short run got under a fallen tree, wrapped around a branch and snapped the 10lb test line
. The next day we went back with a neighbor who decided to fish from the shore about 20yds from where I had hooked the fish the previous day. My nephew and I proceeded to fish the shoreline and after 1 hour of fishing we had picked up a few small (1 to1 1/2lb) bass. As we turned the boat and headed back across the pond to where my neighbor was fishing I made a cast directly at the area 50 feet in front of him and BAM!!!! It was at this point I said "wrong move this time sucker!!!! because I knew there were no trees in the area between me an where the fish had made the strike. He made a run up the shoreline and slightly towards the boat and here he came!!!!!!!!! straight up out of the pond and tossed the hook. My nephew said he came out of the water 2 feet, my neighbor said it was the biggest he had ever seen, and I just sat back and put my head in my hands! This guy was a MONSTER!!!! My nephew who helped his father get an 8lb 8oz bass untangled from a stump (and is now on the den wall) said it was much bigger than his dads. All I know is it was huge!!! Needless to say I spent the rest of the summer trying to catch it but with no luck!! I am however addicted to catching this bass, so I will be out again in the spring. Any one else have a similar story
Take care and God bless. cordell[/b]

Hello Guys and Gals,
It has now been close to 2 years since my above post and many bass have been caught between the 4 and 7lb mark HOWEVER!!! I have not hooked BUBBA again until a few months ago.

My Brother in Law and I went over to that same pond, and he was tearing me up 10 fish to my 5 when BAM!!! The water boiled and there was the most gosh awful runs and swirls and a jump that didn't quite get the fish totaly out of the water. BUT!! we now knew that it was a BUBBA if not THE BUBBA of this 5 acre pond. I had just replaced my line with fresh 10lb Trilene and was using an old Rattlin ThinFin with new #4 hooks fore and aft and the drag was doing all the work. Long story short it finally gave up the ghost and came to rest up against the boat and all we could say was WOW. The ThinFin was inside the mouth and had the jaws locked shut so I had no way of lipping the fish. It was at this point that my excitement did me in!!! Instead of trying to belly the fish I grabbed the line and raised the fish to the point that I could get a finger in it's gill and SNAP the line broke
I have been fishing for close to 50 years now and it was the biggest Bass I had seen. We went back for the next week looking for the lure to be up against the shore somewhere, and talked to several people who fished that pond and none had recovered it. The good part is that a neighbor reported that he had hooked something big and that his drag had been to tight and it had snapped his 12lb test Stren!!! So I am still hoping for Bubba!! If I catch him he will be weighed and released just like all the rest we have caught out of that pond. Hey who knows maybe next year
Take care and God bless. cordell

coup

Reaction score
52 years old and have fished most of my life in wv,,mostly small creeks,small ponds and a couple of small lakes.........i have caught 4 16inch bass and don't think i will catch one bigger now.

BIGCIM

Reaction score
Heres some bass I got from Puddingstone lake in San Dimas

DiamondHunter

Reaction score
It's been a while, but here's my biggest bass

It's been quite some time since I've hooked into a big bass, but here are a few from back in the day. The first two were caught in the delta. The bottom one was in a small lake in Modesto, california. All three were in the 5-6 pound range. Enjoy!:boating:

Attachments

Mlindsay

Reaction score
My biggest was a 14.2 from Spring Lake in Santa Rosa, CA caught on May 16, 1995. One of those dates that you'll always remember, heck I'd forget my anniversary before that date. I caught her and a 12inch blue flaked power worm. Catching that fish and the hundreds I've caught to this date or that I've seen my kids catch are better then any drug man or God ever made...

slanttop357

Reaction score
Missed this one my best bass no photo was landed in silver wood lake 10# caught on a silver rattle trap.

Top Bottom