Your camera workbench.

Trevor Saxon

Reaction score
Hi all,
I saw that pic of gun docc 's workbench on the "New camo" thread and thought that it was pretty neat. So how’ bout when yall have a few pics left over on your camera you take a few shots of your workbench and post them here. I think it would be slick to see all yalls camera workbenches. I will post mine when I get then developed. So hows about it?

(Edited by Trevor Saxon at 8:36 am on July 15, 2001)

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Trevor,
I dunno.... that might be too embarassing... the words "disaster area" come to mind when I think of my work-shop.
My cameras might revolt at the idea of photographing such a mess.

Archilochus

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Like Arch said, soon as I can find my workbench I'll take a pic. It's buried under about 3 projects right now. Last time I got a hold of one of them camera flash capacitors and did the funky chicken, I scattered parts all over the garage floor. Guys with clean well organized workbenches, well, sumpin just ain't right about em.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Have ya'll ever seen those pictures of the aftermatch of a F5 tornado.  Well picture that and you will know what mine looks like.  I will have to get a picture of it to post.  What a mess.  Does my programming bench count.  That would probably be an F4 one by itself.

As far as the funky chicken after the flash capacitor.  That EZ had me doing that dance on several occasions and I hated it.

And BTW, Jayber that is a clean work bench.  How do you find everything when you can get to it easily.:smile-blue  

(Edited by Brian at 12:38 pm on Mar. 27, 2002)

Eagle Eye

Reaction score
Jayber I still remember the days when mine was as nice and tidy as yours. Now I'm plum embarassed when someone sees it.

bat

Reaction score
well funny someone should ask about workbenches.  I just fixed up one for my "stuff", took the piece of plywood (4' x 4') that I just laid on top of one of my bar stools that I was using for a work bench :smile-big-blue: , and made a fairly decent 3' x 8' with a small back for hanging tools.  Hey jayber you sure that's not a picture down at the Sears store??  Just kidding buddy that workbench look very good.

SHARP SHOOTER

Reaction score
Jayber,
That puts my work area to shame. Mine is so messy that its not a good night for me until I knock 5 things on the floor and spill my water. HeHe!!

deerdad

Reaction score
Mine is so bad I have the yellow CAUTION tape all around it.

Greg

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
My work bench looks great in the shop. I spent four hours cleaning the other night and haven't been back out there.   I get in trouble for the bar in the kitchen though.  Let you in on a secret.  If I set at the bar and work it doesn't really count against me like if I go down to the shop.  I can just say "Ok honey" and "sounds great to me" every now and then and she's fine.  

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
ArkansasElkHunter,

I can tell already I can learn alot from you veterans.  It doesn't matter that I am working on other stuff as long as I am there.  Hummmm  

My work shop is at my mom and dad's still from when I was single so I actually have to leave and yes that does get to be a problem.

Got to get that thing moved.

BTW, You are up way past my bed time.  What time do you have to be at work.  Man I would be droopy eyed if I stayed up that late.  I know you have to squeeze the time in when you can. :sleep:

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
8:00 am.  Bright eyed and bushey tailed. haha   I feel just as bad weather I get 8 hrs sleep or 5 hrs sleep, so I just decided why waste time sleeping.  I catch up every now and then.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Guys mine has enter at your own risk signs all around it(well it should). I work some in my shop and some in the house with a piece of plywood on my foot stool. If my wife complains about me spending to much time in the shop I just bring in the plywood 3'x 3'and the essentials and work in the house. Then when she complains about the mess I'm making I go back to the shop(this gets me about a week or two in the shop). Ain't this fun?

TmKarren

Reaction score
Mine is the Coffee table in the front room.  I have all my crap piled up over in a corner by the computer in the front room also.  I have a understanding wife sometimes.  I have two cams going on at once, and the MS20 PIR boxes!!  What do you guys do with the aftermath.  After there all torn apart, and there is just the shell.  They would be nice above a work bench one day..

DropTheHammer

Reaction score
There was some discussion in EncorePistol's recent post entitled "New camera, liking it so far" about (messy) work benches. I thought it might be educational/interesting to start a new topic where everyone shares a picture of there work areas. Looks like someone beat me to it - I did a search and found this post from the days before we could directly post pics. Come on guys, don't be shy! As I said before this could help the newcomers to a glimpse of where the madness/addiction could lead!

I'm proud of my mess. Hope to get it a little better organized soon though as I keep burying important stuff!

Attachments

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
That bench looks great!!! im to embarassed to show a pic of mine,actually i should go in and rake it off into a trash bag and start agian,it would be much much easier than cleaning it

cavey

Reaction score
I can relate to Brian,

I have stuff scattered all over, half my tools are in storage at my parents place. I just moved to a rented farm house till I build, so part of my tools are there.
As for most of my cam stuff, well that stuff is in a couple of tubs so I can take it to work with me and work on it at night or on week-ends.
In my office area at home - I have what looks like a mini-cam parts store.

One of theses days I hope to get all the stuff in one place... consolidate my mess into one location.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
I know how you feel. I have to do something one day.

DroptheHammer,

Now that bench looks like mine. At least I know someone else has my habits.

It is a wonder we get anything done. I always have to clean off a spot to work.

TruShot

Reaction score
Mine looks like just like my dining room table on which a computer exploded, oh wait it is.

I can't wait till I get my house addition done. Complete with office and workshop.

Top Bottom