Your current bow...

Tominator

Reaction score
Interested to see how long y'all keep a bow around. I still shoot the same Pro-Line I got in '94 (same rest and sights, I have changed stabilizers tho'), 308 fps at the time was smoking and it's still more than enough. It's heavy, but it stays in tune and drives tacks. I've loaned another of my Pro-Lines to a bud in CO and I gave away a PSE Fire Flight that was given to me, young guy didn't have much money and I wasn't going to use the bow anyway. I guess I belong to the "ain't broke, don't fix it" crowd, but I do get attached to my gear, lol.

Fred Bear

Reaction score
I shoot a Mathews legacy that I think I got in 2000 to replace a Fred Bear code. Wow that was a big change. I just cant justify buying the new switchback. The legacy is a nice shooter. I think I'll hang on to it for awhile.

in2blacktail

Reaction score
I am pretty guilty of moving equipment fairly fast. I like to test and try the latest and greatest advancements when it comes to bows. Every year the manufactuers try there best to out do themseleves and it is so to our advantage. I have been known to keep a new bow as long as 4 months and generally average 1-2 years with a new bow.
This year I have found a target bow that compliments my shooting style and have experienced a little success shooting it. I liked it so much, in kind of a gutsy move, I picked up an APEX 7 for hunting couple of weeks ago. I dialed it in pretty fast and now am amazed at some of the advantages I have gained. It's a tad quicker and just as stealthy quiet as its predecessor. Both bows shoot extremely well. The APEX 7 is a bit heavier and a little longer but right now the accuracy with broadheads has me more than thrilled on my up and coming hunt. For the time being, I am retiring my Switchback and moving forward with the Mathews Conquest/ Apex 7.

BuckFinder

Reaction score
Until a few months ago I shot a PSE Beast and thought I could shoot very consistantly. That was until I shot a Swithback XT! Honestly, this bow is so much more quiet. However, its the long range consistancy that sold me. I feel like my old PSE was accurate to 40 yards all the time, but past that yardage was not the case. The XT shoots groups like I have never seen before. Even while practicing out to 60+ yards I feel like I'm going to hit the "X". Maybe I have found the bow that works for me. Personally, the confidence I have gained with this new bow is worth every penny I dropped in buying the new set-up. I was one of the first guys out of my local shop to add the new Trophy Taker "Pronghorn" rest and it too is awesome. Anyway, I would never recommend switching bows if you alrady have that confidence that is felt when you draw back and know it's go time..This set up works for me.

bob101

Reaction score
I shoot a matthews Q2 I got in 2000 (actually I have matching pair of em for a backup).

Before that I shot a Jennings Sonic 300 from '91 to 2000
Before that I shot a Jennings Split T from about '78 to '91

So bows last a long time, in fact that Jennings sonic 300 is still killing a deer a year in the hands of a friend I sold it to.

MULIES4EVER

Reaction score
BOUGHT A HOYT RAIDER IN 2000. USED IT TILL 2004 WHEN I BOUGHT MATHEWS OUTBACK. JUST LENT THE HOYT TO A FRIEND WHO WILL BE USING IT THIS YEAR TO HUNT. TWO YEARS AGO ANOTHER FRIEND USED THE HOYT. I KEEP IT JUST FOR THAT REASON. IT WAS A GREAT BOW THAT I CUT MY TEETH ON BUT I AM DEVOTED TO MY OUTBACK. I FOUND CONFIDENCE IN LONGER SHOTS ALSO WHEN I BOUGHT MY MATHEWS. IT IS AMAZING WHAT A BOOST THAT IS. I SHOT THE HOYT HOYT THE OTHER NIGHT AND WAS SHOCKED AT HOW SMOOTH MY MATHEWS WAS. I GUESS YOU FORGET AFTER AWHILE.

BirdDawg

Banned
Reaction score
Bought a Martin Jaguar 2 years ago...my first bow.......love it.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
I was given my first recurve, my dad's old Ben Pearson Spectre, about four years ago. At 45#, it was a little light for hunting hogs, so the next season I went looking at Check-Mate recurves.

After talking to Chad (is he still around) about what I wanted to do, I ended up with a nice, custom recurve at 52#. Have yet to bring home a deer or pig with it, but I sure love shooting it. I have a feeling this will be the year, too!

muskeg

Reaction score
I just bought myself a birthday present ...

a Bowtech Tomkat ...

havent shot it yet but will one of these days.

I have never shot a compound bow. I used to hunt with a recurve back in the late '60's.

PIGIG

Reaction score
started off withe PSE babby-G i bought from cabelas thinking was going hog hunting in a week, with the huge brace hight of 5 inches i drove tacks at 40 yards! loved it still have it though i just bought a swicthback and love it! now the 60 yrd target is my favorate, smoked a rodent last trip at 72 yards! never would have tried with the babby-G

'Ike'

Reaction score
Still shooting my 03 Hoyt RazorTec and the new Tribute is this years....

shovelerslayer

Reaction score
Hoyt Ultra-tech. It is a couple of years old, and will be my bow for at least a few more years. It is real forgiving and is the best bow I have owned. I had a Mathews before that and the grip was too thin for me. Other than that it was a great bow. I'm 6'7" and the longer riser height and fatter grip fit me better.

Q2Dude

Reaction score
Like In2, I am guilty of turning bows out fairly quick. I also like to try the newest, fastest, smoothest new widget thats available. I usually do at least one, sometimes two new bows a year. Sometimes more. Last year at one time, I had a Switchback, a Trykon, an Allegiance and a Tribute hanging on my rack. I get VERY good deals on bows and can turn them for at least what I pay for them.
Right now I have an 06 Allegiance that has really grown on me. For a while I was kicking myself for selling the Tribute. It was probably the finest shooting bow, for me, that I have owned. I may pick up another one later this year.

Schoettgen

Reaction score
I am still shooting a 90 or 91 Hoyt Proforce Fastflight. I just can't justify a new bow when the one I have shoots broadheads so well. I have never had a problem killing game with it and I would rather spend my money on tags than new equitment every year. I do often wonder how many cycles a bow can go through before it blows up. I suppose I should buy another one some day to avoid finding out.

BradCa

Reaction score
I bought a Hoyt XTEC in 2004. Prior to that I was using a Martin Firecat from around 1990.

Top Bottom