YOUR DFG

Megadeth

Reaction score
You should all take a good hard look at the DFG website and see our new "revised" reccommendations for the upcoming season. Make an appearance on Aug 30th. I cant imagine how it will be for the juniors to see this kind of hypocracy inside OUR own department. The DFGs waterfowl dept. has made great strides in generating income, but their customer service really sucks!!!! They stand behind us on most issues, but I think they want to terminate the waterfowler. In the process of giving us this wonderful customer service, they suck every dime out of us at every stop. IM DONE

Megadeth

Reaction score
What Im saying?? Please try to make the August 30 th meeting.The emails and letters have been sent.I guess thats what im saying.

Soccer Dad

Reaction score
Something is behind this.  We have had the Liberal season for awhile now.  Why are they reducing so much from the Federal framework (Liberal season)?  
And, what happened to make the recommendation go from 86 days (not bad, that is Moderate framework) to 74?
Who is this benefitting?
If Mallards are the concern reduce the limit on them just like we have in the past for pintails.  The overall hunt days were never effected.
Other duck species are doing well (Gadwall, GWT etc.).

Greenhouse

Reaction score
I'm a little surprised people are so up in arms about all this. Its kind of neat to get this much pre season activity but I don't see the hoopla about it. 60, 74, or 88 days it really makes very little difference to me in the sense of how my hunting season will play out. I hunt the opener and don't hunt again until around thanksgiving. Why not hunt more? Because it stinks! Sure you can scrap birds and have had great days but just look at the refuges-clubs-public grounds south of sacramento and there are averages. You may have to hunt sat and sunday to kill a teal. I love the split season. Opening second half was, for years(like what 5 or more), a great day to hunt. And now where able to hunt 4 weekends in january. Thats awesome! Us so cal/ grassland hunters are freakin stoked to have the last weekend in january. I remember the 40 something day seasons with shoot time at daylite, 4 bird limits and close january 6th. I killed so many birds that year. But best of all, and why I hunt as much as possible, I was watching birds blow through or into the decoys, watching courtship flights, just enjoying the view because I was limited in 30 minutes.

As I'm hearing it-We should

have a season, be it 60-70-80 days
have two openers
have 4 weekends in january
have a junior hunt, or maybe 2!

Whats the problem? Sounds real good to me.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom