Your favorite dove recipe

B

BDOG

Since they are dry with little fat on them, I like them rapped with a slice of bacon stuffed with a jalapeno on the barbe.This is making my mouth water just thinking about it.If ya have a good recipe let's check it out. I'm always looking to try something new.Hot and spicey. BDOG

Marty

Reaction score
Kabobs:

Breast out a limit of dove and rinse thoroughly.
Place in a dish and cover with ½ cup Italian dressing, 2 oz of soy sauce, and one can of beer.
Cover and marinate in the refrig' a minimum of 3 hours.
Skewer with onion, red pepper, green pepper, and cherry tomatos.
Grill and eat.

Tominator

Reaction score
I just cook and and add till I get the taste i want so bear with me on this one, but it's good.
Dove Corn Chowder
Par boil a limit of doves and remove meat from bones, tear into bite size pieces
Dice potatoes and boil till tender
get a good sized pot and put in 2 cans of milk (evap or condensed, I can't remember which but it's the one that's not real thick)
2 cans of whole kernal corn
potatoes
diced carrots
doves
creole seasoning (don't worry about adding salt, this has plenty)
black pepper
paprika
stick of butter
any other seasoning you might like, I add sliced habeneros to mine
top off with whole milk

you have to heat this slowly and stir often to keep the milk from sticking.

Tominator

Slash

Reaction score
Mine is similar to Marty's, but I use that Basque marinade.

SoCalTed

Reaction score
Of course you've read all the "wrap the breast in bacon and cook"... but we've tried a twist on an Asian dish.  Chop the breast fine, add a little ground pork (or beef).  Add chopped waterchestnuts and minced garlic.  

Stir fry in a pan on high heat with a little olive oil.  Do a few scoops at a time, as filling the pan lowers the heat too fast.

Serve with ice cold crisp Romaine or Iceberg lettuce leaves.  Pile the dove mixture on top ala burrito like, top with a dash of Hoisin Sauce and you have a great dish.  It's actually a Chinese New Year's dish based on squab.  It's called Fat Choy (Phot Choi)  None of our dovies make it past February with this recipe.

In chinese restaraunts you can order it as "lettuce wrapped squab"

Top Bottom