Your food supply?

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
Are you going to run out of food?
We are not going to run out of food. We may just have a few less choices. I have a lot of meat in the freezer, red meat as well as fish and a little chicken. We have canned goods in the pantry and a lot of frozen vegetables. We do not have any more than we would normally have it is just how we have always done things. We went over a list this morning and ordered some dry goods like coffee and cereal. Those will be delivered in a week or so. The large stores where we typically shop are 25 miles away and since the church is closed we have no reason to drive to town so we purchased milk and eggs at a small local market earlier this week. Our plan is to stay local at the small store for perishables. I spoke with a relative this morning and they had gone to 4 stores to find milk and eggs. They said the lines at some stores were around the entire building and employees at the front door of one were telling customers that there were no paper products or bottled water in the store.

Do most people really shop for just a couple of days at a time?

Limited Out

Reaction score
Our freeze is full, I know where and how to get more fish and meat!

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
We have no food but we have a garage full of enough toilet paper to last a year...lol.....tra

20200320_142455.jpg

muskeg

Reaction score
Yes it is obvious that many people just shop for short term ... now when the mass needs to stock up there is not enough.
We are not in a lock down here in Oregon but the stores have been hit plenty hard and people are hanging close. There is still plenty of groceries on the shelves.

There are still quite a few tourists on hwy 101. But with camp ground closures that will probably slow down. It'll be day visitors from the valley (the I-5 corridor).

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
im good here. tossed the freezers to see whats good. Doing food delivery to my house to stay out of the stores. Food gets taken in the house and bag goes in the trash. Delivery guy tonight was gloved up as i was. I dont know how long my PPE will hold out if this goes 6 months. Something to change for next time, lots of sterile wipes, N95 masks and hospital gloves. HAvent tapped the DP food supplies yet but thats good for 5 months or more. You can really tell the people who didnt prepare for more than a day or two.

Ventura county health dept just shut down a gun store. Non essential. San Jose has PD checkpoint up and gov newsom here just activated the NG. Time to embrace the suck.

sb_county_what_can_do.jpg

P304X4

Reaction score
Have enough staples for the short term, concentrating on can goods that don't have to be heated and don't require water to be added just in case all utilities go south and boil orders are put in place. Also keeping a supply of bottle water on hand

P304X4

Reaction score
freezer and both refrigerators full and a well stocked pantry. Also have food that is edible straight out of the can, no heating or adding water.

Top Bottom