Youse guys that butcher your own - where do you get the butcher paper?

Rancho Loco

Banned
Reaction score
The packs of pre-cut sheets, and small plastic wrap squares they use at the processor?

db 183

Reaction score
I personally vacuum pack mine with a food saver, however, for short freezing jobs, I just buy the Reynolds Wrap Butcher paper. You can get it in the same section of the supermarket as the saran wrap and foil.

Gyopo

Reaction score
I don't know iff you have them where you live, but Smart and Final has the stuff you want.

Orygun

Reaction score
I'll second Smart and Final. We have Cash and Cart, which is the same kind of place.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
I wrap tightly in several layers of saran wrap. Then wrap tightly again in the freezer paper that is plastic coated on one side. I get it at Albertsons. Wrapped like this it's good for years. I even think it keeps better this way than when I used to use a food saver.

barel74

Reaction score
I get mine at Albertsons, too. They also have the heavy duty Saran Wrap for freezing. 18" long roll instead of 12", makes wrapping big cuts a little easier.

S&P

Reaction score
I bought some last year at Sams Club but I don't shop there anymore so I don't know if they still carry the squares or not.

buckfever07

Reaction score
I also use a vacuum pack with the food saver. meat lasts forever with no freezer burn.

jindydiver

Reaction score
I put the meat in freezer bags and wrap it in plain old newspaper. Lasts a year in the freezer no problem

hank4elk

Reaction score
get mine at fart and sminal ,also local market(spencers). wrapped in heavy plasticwrap, then freezer paper. game lasts over 2yrs. hank

OR186

Reaction score
There's no better way than that mentioned by SDHNTER, foodsaver included. Found a chunk of elk backstrap from 2001 in the back of the freezer last week. It looked and tasted like the 07 elk. No kidding.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Most grocery stores carry the butcher paper in 25' rolls. It's on the same aisle as the tin foil. AKA Freezer Paper.

I've used SD's method in the past, but since I got a good vacuum sealer (my original Food Saver was a little underpowered) there's no better way.

fossilman

Reaction score
We have a store here that sells processing equip.,paper,scales,saws,etc,etc............Also smoker equip....
So we got it made................Bass Pro and Cabelas have that stuff too..........

troll

Reaction score
Walmart. Wrap them in saran wrap first then the butcher paper. That has worked much better than the vacuum packing...for me at least.

Sodhunter

Reaction score
saran wrap is cheaper than vacuum packing and close to as good. Just squeeze all air out.Saran wrap and newspaper or butcher paper is better than vacuum pack unless you wrap vacuum bags in newspaper as well. Light affects meat somehow. Just like beer I guess.

Top Bottom