yuma dove hunting

Freedivr2

Reaction score
Yeah, this will be my 28th straight year going there......Never had less than a great time there, lots of fun memories for sure. And dove.....

7mm RM

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Marty @ Jun 24 2008, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yup. starts 9/01.

[/b]
Sept 1st is on a Monday, I checked the Az fish and game and no posted info yet, anyone think it might start on the Saturday before?
Thanks in advance.

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (7mm RM @ Jun 25 2008, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sept 1st is on a Monday, I checked the Az fish and game and no posted info yet, anyone think it might start on the Saturday before?
Thanks in advance.[/b]
I've never hunted AZ for dove, but I'm pretty sure it's always Sept 1, just like CA.

pbrdog

Reaction score
Eurasion dove season is July 1 - June 30 in Az.

Freedivr2

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EL CAZADOR @ Jun 25 2008, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (7mm RM @ Jun 25 2008, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks in advance.[/b]
I've never hunted AZ for dove, but I'm pretty sure it's always Sept 1, just like CA.
[/b][/quote]

It doesn't matter what day September 1st falls on.........Dove season begins Sept. 1st in Arizona and California, or at least it has for the past 27 years that I've hunted it.....

strato-caster

Reaction score
I bought a shotgun off the internet from Sprague's sporting goods in Yuma on Friday. I asked how it was looking for dove, and the reply was along the lines of " It's looking even better than last season." BTW, after the Extrema 2 arrives, I will be posting the gun it will be replacing on Jesse's classifieds. Remington 11-87 fans will not be disappointed.

Varmint Cong

Reaction score
Dove are federally regulated so Sept 1 is the opener across the country I think.

The only prenuptual agreement I had when I got married was that no matter what day, holliday or event Sept 1st fell on, I would be in Yuma that day...NO EXCEPTIONS!

7mm RM

Reaction score
Thanks for the input about Sept. 1st regardless of the day of the week. I will put in my time off request to get some shooting in for a couple of days.

strato-caster

Reaction score
Kind of a bummer it falls on Labor Day this year- every idiot who owns a shotgun will be out there.

I can imagine the drive home is going to be horrendous, too, because of all the River Rats towing their boats, jet skis, ATVs and dirt bikes. Guess we might have to stay an extra day or two!

Marty

Reaction score
Well, around here school starts on Wednesday and Thursday - the 3rd & 4th. So I would wager a Costco dog that not as many people will be blowing a whole weekend just to shoot on Monday. I think the real crowds will hit on the following Saturday.

Varmint Cong

Reaction score
It probably won't be all that bad with the opener on a Monday. That's a long way to go for some people for only one day of hunting. The real nightmare is when Sept 1 falls on a Saturday like it did last year.

leftyhunter

Reaction score
I am debating hunting doves near Yuma. Are doves hunted mostly on private land where one needs permission and one has to pay a trespass fee or is there plenty of public land available/ Are there more doves then the IV? The IV has you all know gets plenty crowded. I appreciate the opportunity for no limit Euro dove. I have hunted doves in Colorado a long time ago 20 plus years. Not has many doves has the IV but it was a lot cooler and a lot less hunters.

Thanks;
Leftyhunter

Latest Posts

Top Bottom