Z-Blade / Piranta Knives?

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
What you guys think of the Z-blade and Piranta type of blades for the backcountry?

They seem to be SHARP! but are they tough enough?? What's your opinion?

Piranta

Z-blade

Oregon Archer

Reaction score
they work great for caping but not all that great for boning an animal out.

Arrowslinger

Banned
Reaction score
I used the piranta to bone out two blacktails and an elk this past year...it's a good little knife and whicked sharp. It now has a permanent spot in my pack.

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
Great little knives like AS said. You just aren't going to stick the blade into a joint and start prying things apart.

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
Also if you need to make a fire you can't chop a Redwood down with one, or decapitate a charging cougar with one in one swipe, but I ordered one.

For the above mentoned situations you need a 12lb and 47" blade like Crocodile Dundee carried, everyone knows if your wang is within a 100th the length of your knife you are not carrying enough blade.

"That's not a knife, this is a knife".

just funnin ya. Thanks for reminding me to get one, meant to last year when some skinny dude was singin about em.

YORT40

Reaction score
I always carry 3 Z-blades in my pack. (1 for me, 2 for the friends). I only needed 1 to skin-out 3 elk last year. They stay sharp, but I have noticed that the blade is not long enough to get the reem job done.

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Well, the Z-blade seems to be light enough to carry one, but I like the Piranta's ability to replace the blades...and it can be folded for safety...I guess they are cheap enough to give them a try.

Shot

Reaction score
I just use surgical blades that I get from lab or school. Very sharp and lasts a long time. In fact you can order them online, fairly cheap and replaceable. They kind of look like the knives posted above but with a more drop-point blade look. Like everyone else said, its great for skinning.

Hunt Crazy In Ca

Reaction score
SWEET!!!! THANKYOU BOYS last weekend up a tejon I was watchin a guy skin a pig with one and I was sold just could not find one on line......needless to say I just ordered the stanless one with replacment blades and the carring case, it will be a good lil knife in the pack the year!!!

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
Opinel is probably one of the best backpacking knifes I've ever used.
And I still use them. Hold an edge very well and sharpen up quick.

BoandME

Reaction score
After reading this post I went and bought the Piranta from the link provided and I am glad I did! But then I also found a better deal on the knife, check it out.

Piranta

Latest Posts

Top Bottom