Zone A in Bodega Bay?

huntingbret

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if there is a spot in Bodega Bay that is open to the public for archery deer hunting? I will be up there sometime this week and might have time to do some hunting. I will be somewhere along the coastline so anywhere close to the coastline would be ideal. Again, I don't want anyone's honey hole, just a general idea on where I should go and try.

916HUNT

Reaction score
It's mostly all private land up there, or a park you cant hunt.

jryeo

Reaction score
Nothing public around here, except for the prestigious Lake Sonoma hunt. About the closest thing to Sonoma county would be Cache Creek, Cow Mountain BLM or Mendocino National Forest.

bodega

Reaction score
Exactly as jryeo says. No public land hunting in that area at all, which is a huge bummer for us locals. Nearest public land with an A Zone tag is Cow Mountain, Knoxville, Cache Creek, Indian Valley Reservoir.

huntingbret

Reaction score
Bummer. My brother was in Bodega Bay this past weekend and saw a couple really nice looking bucks. With all the answers I'm receiving, I guess I won't be bringing my bow. Thanks guys.

.300Savage

Reaction score
gott aknow some one in this area unfortunately. I moved down here about 10 years ago from the vast open have at it lands of Nor-cal (Redding) and thought ok this won't be so bad. some of it even reminds me of the hills back hom but any amount of driving ends in alot of backing down dirt roads after you hit the locked gates and alot of no tresspassing signs. I tried putting up adds on craigslist and talking to anybody that would listen and well i still drive back home to hunt. sorry i could not be of any real help.

it's a beautiful area though and there are some amazing bucks to be seen. before i moved there was a booner i used to see every once in a while while i was walikng the dogs. he knew i had a blood lust for him too.

huntingbret

Reaction score
Amazing bucks indeed. Well, it was just one buck but it was still amazing LOL. My family and I drove around the jetty to have a look around, did a bit of swimming, fishing, and crabbing. But, on the drive to the jetty, I spotted a nice 3X4 buck with a couple does on the side of the hill. Too bad the area is not open to any hunting at all. Would have loved to bag that buck. Anyhow, the trip turned out awesome and everyone had a great time.

.300Savage

Reaction score
the wife and i went out there tuesday to escape the heat and soak up some sun and i spotted a nice buck on the way out just off the side of the 1 didn't get a real good look as i was driven but i woulda shot based on what i saw.

dkhuntr25

Banned
Reaction score
ya i breed cows up there twice a month and im working on gettin access to a few ranches with some big bucks!!!

hntndux

Reaction score
dkhuntr25 wrote "ya i breed cows up there twice a month and im working on gettin access to a few ranches with some big bucks!!! "

Now I know why my dad always told me not to pass up the fat ones!

BoarHNTR

Reaction score
Maybe I should marry a fat cow to gain access to those ranch?

.300Savage

Reaction score
ive always heard the biggun were more appreciative if yah know what i mean

.300Savage

Reaction score
almost hit a spike about 10 mi north of bodega bay last night. dummy stopped right in the road while the girls bailed off on the ocean side then ran up the hill after he stared at us for a min

Latest Posts

Top Bottom