Zone X-10

Huntin Fool

Reaction score
I was considering putting in for x10 because it is fairly easy to draw. I don't really know what to expect on the hunt. If anyone has any info on anything like terrain, accesibility, deer herd please let me know..

DAWG

Reaction score
It's easy to draw for a reason. Look at the hunter success. Not sure it is any better hunting than D8 or D9. Like anywhere, the roads are crowded, the further away from them you get, the better. There is lots of wilderness and rugged country, so with some effort and luck, you might do O.K..

mtnstalker

Reaction score
I hunted x-10 last season. Put lots of miles on my boots, saw some beautiful country, but did not have any luck. I know some others who have gone up there and they had some luck. Real tough hunting. I put lots of miles in, and I am willing to get off the road and work hard.

baboltin

Reaction score
great place to hunt,but steep hard country. plus i think that it is going to be hardier to draw because everyone that i know that doesnt want to deal with the new lead band law is putting in for x10 or g38. so we will see how it will play out.

Huntin Fool

Reaction score
thanks for the advice, I may stick to D8 because of the ban.. Hopefully it cuts down on the numbers.

jackrabbit

Reaction score
D7 and D8 are included in the banned area for lead bullets for big game. I take it HF that you are hoping that will cause hunters to hunt further north and lessen the competition in D8. But I don't think that will change many hunters minds about what zone to hunt -- it takes a few years for me to shoot the premium factory cartridges I buy for elk hunting in Colorado -- a few for sighting in and the rest last for a while. If I was lucky enough to have easy access to private pig heaven, and could blast away throughout the year, I guess it could be expensive. But I also handload, so at least that would save some money.

DAWG

Reaction score
You would not have to drive much extra to eat the bullet cost up in gas, especially at the $5 per gal it will be by fall. I absolutely can not see how the bullet additional cost coud change anyone's fall hunting plans. Ammo is still one of the cheapest things about the hunt.

Top Bottom