Lets see your AR-15's

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I see some guys string trad bows by puttin a limb through their legs to pull up on. They do this until they crack a limb, they they buy a bowstringer.

To each his own as you said.

henmar77

Reaction score
I will get the wrenches and vice blocks one day. I foresee myself getting addicted to customizing these guns.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
you said a mouthful there. im still working on one of mine (after i said it was done several times). good luck

Bullfrog 31581

Reaction score
2012-11-29_23-50-49_872.jpg

I'm calling it "good enough" for now. Got my Troy battle rail on, the front sight grinded down, a brand new Leopold VX-III, a four round mag (to make it deer-legal), Geissele SSA-E trigger, and a bipod scavanged off another gun.

I think I'm ready to take it buck hunting.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Sweet BF, now you got me rethinking my optics for my latest build. Did you take off your front sight or grind it down? Why grind it down?

Bullfrog 31581

Reaction score
I had my gunsmith grind it down. I didn't want to shell out more than $50 for a clamp-on gas block and I didn't want to go with a cheaper set-screw block because I'm told they aren't as stable as clamp on or pinned blocks.

As for why I wanted the sight gone, it was in the way of my night scope. It catches the IR illumination and makes a halo effect happen in my field of view.

Both my night scope and this scope have quick detach rings so I can go back and to in the field.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

solus

Reaction score
Here is my most recent build for my AR15 line of weapons lol
It has:
PSA Blem Lower
Black Hawk Lower Parts Kit
PSA pistol buffer tube kit
PSA Blem Upper
PSA Upper Receiver kit
NP3 BCG
Colt Standard Charging handle
White Oak 7.5" Melonite Barrel
ATI 7" free float tube
2- Magpul add on rails
Bird Cage standard muzzle break
Low Profile gas block with matching gas tube
UTG flashlight rail kit
Front and Rear no name back up sights
View attachment 81911

KTKT70

Reaction score
Real nice stuff guys. I really like the AR-10s. If I was ever going to make a black rifle it would be a 308 for sure.

I wonder something?? How many of you made your guns starting with a 80%?? How many of y'all have ARs with no numbers?

solus

Reaction score
I dont think anyone will answer that question

KTKT70

Reaction score
Sorry if that's a bad question. I thought it was all ok and on the up and up. I ask because I wounded if everything works out ok on the 80% parts. Like is one maker better than another? Seems there is a lot of guys selling 80%. Is there much difference between one and another? Do they all work and or fit the same?

solus

Reaction score
as I remember there is only like 5 actual makers of ar lowers and everyone else goes through them and puts their name on it. The quality on an 80% lower is really on how well you do on making it. If you have the right tools and a high attention to detail with the right skills you can make a high quality lower. The short answer is they are all the same

henmar77

Reaction score
as I remember there is only like 5 actual makers of ar lowers and everyone else goes through them and puts their name on it. The quality on an 80% lower is really on how well you do on making it. If you have the right tools and a high attention to detail with the right skills you can make a high quality lower. The short answer is they are all the same
This is somewhat true. There's definitely a hand full of makers that put out most mil-spec lowers, but there are dozens if not more of manufactures out there that make variances. I wouldnt agree that they are all the same. Quality will vary as well but not to the point where one is bad just not excellent. Issues such as: forging/milling out of spec, color, tooling marks, metal grade etc. Dispite all that I buy blems all the time and they are GtG. I got a new psa lower on my latest build. Great lower.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

quaildeath

Reaction score
^^^^in addition they have those anti twist kits for stiffness and accuracy. IDK if the lower has the extra pin holes to add the pins for stiffness or you drill them yourself.

jbcaptain11

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a anarchy arms they are made in ventura nice quality... this new a r15 shop opened up in cmarillo nice guy and he builds the anarchy's and they look reallllllllllly nice just not sure that i want a 223 except for the cheaper ammo might drop the cash for a 300blk upper with the 223 what do you think

anarchy arms knights tactical are these new guys look them up if your in the area

p51mcginnis

Reaction score
Flying Coyote:

Those are nice looking rifles. I have a Smith & Wesson MP 15 OR rifle with FDE Magpul furniture and an OPMOD Vortex Strikefire II red dot optic. I am almost done with my AR build using a M.A.G. Tactical lower, Spike's Tactical parts kit, Windham Weaponry Vex upper with 20" barrel, CMC drop-in trigger, Harris type bi-pod and Barska sniper scope. When that is done, I will build an AR using a Spike's Tactical lower and a 18" 6.8 SPC II upper from Bisson Armory. I have the lower and the LPK installed. I just need to buy the upper. I do not know what scope I want to put on it though. What scope is on the top rifle in your picture?

Last edited:

mezcan

Reaction score

Even installed an AR mag lock . Now classified as a fixed magazine. No registration required ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom