Back for Boar 2019 for High # JHO Posters

CottonwoodHunting

Hello all! Only entries dated Monday July 29 2019 or earlier will be considered. As my post states: "If your post (with the picture of you with a pig) is dated Tuesday July 30 2019 then it will not be counted." Also, I'm in the California time zone. To keep it simple I will be literally looking at the dates as they are displayed to me on my computer screen. (I do not know how the computer code works, so I am thinking there is a chance that dates and times may appear different to people in different time zones. Either way: I am making my judgement based on the dates as they appear on my screen.) Also, there appear to be some photos posted in good fun from folks not actually available to hunt, so those will not be counted obviously. I will post the "winner" once I have had a chance to sort closely through all the posts. Thank you to anyone who replied to this thread... Lots of great pictures!

cjack

Hello all! Only entries dated Monday July 29 2019 or earlier will be considered. As my post states: "If your post (with the picture of you with a pig) is dated Tuesday July 30 2019 then it will not be counted." Also, I'm in the California time zone. To keep it simple I will be literally looking at the dates as they are displayed to me on my computer screen. (I do not know how the computer code works, so I am thinking there is a chance that dates and times may appear different to people in different time zones. Either way: I am making my judgement based on the dates as they appear on my screen.) Also, there appear to be some photos posted in good fun from folks not actually available to hunt, so those will not be counted obviously. I will post the "winner" once I have had a chance to sort closely through all the posts. Thank you to anyone who replied to this thread... Lots of great pictures!
Saw that MINOR detail after I posted my picture, awesome opportunity for someone though. Thanks for your generosity to a lucky JHO member. Good luck on "jump starting" the business again!

Abourda

I am an avid Outdoorsman and I've shot many big game animals, but never a pig. My friends and I have been looking for a spot. Cottonwood, can you PM me some prices please.

CottonwoodHunting

List of Entries Ranked by Post Count
5,784 Posts Where's Bruce? Posted 7/29/2019- "Can't make it."
4,117 Posts Bubblehide Posted 7/28/2019 - "Unable to make it."
3,257 Posts cjack Posted 7/30/2019 - Late post.
368 Posts canamrider07 Posted 7/30/2019 - Late post and not in photo.
196 Posts jhill528 Posted 7/27/2019 - In the Running.
4 Posts SW011 Posted 7/29/2019 - In the Running.

Of the people who posted a photo of themselves with a pig before the deadline, the highest posts were Where's Bruce? (5,784 posts) followed by Bubblehide (4,117 posts) but neither were available for this hunt. That left jhill528 (196 posts) and SW011 (4 posts). That makes the winner... jhill528!!!

jhill528, you can bring whoever you want. You can bring cjack, no problem. I'll PM you to get you the information you need.

Also, great write-ups to everyone who wrote a paragraph about the pig in their photo, but I should have been more specific... The "catch" was meant to be that jhill528 will write a paragraph about his August 3 hunt whether they get pigs or not. If that's okay with him, then stay tuned to this thread, hopefully he will reply to this thread after August 3 you will find out how the hunt went!

jhill528

Thank you so much. I can’t wait to get up there and do some hug hunting. I’ll make sure to get plenty of photos so I can post up one heck of a report. Thanks again and I look forward to the PM.

canamrider07

Thank you so much. I can’t wait to get up there and do some hug hunting. I’ll make sure to get plenty of photos so I can post up one heck of a report. Thanks again and I look forward to the PM.
Good luck and give cjack a big hug, he missed out on the Elk Hunt.

Last edited:

jhill528

Thank you very much for this great opportunity. CJack and I will be there. I can’t wait to get your PM and to see you up there on a Friday. I’ll be sure to post a full report when we’re done, plenty of pictures as well.

jhill528

Thank you very much for this great opportunity. CJack and I will be there. I can’t wait to get your PM and to see you up there on a Friday. I’ll be sure to post a full report when we’re done, plenty of pictures as well.
Sorry for double posting, I didn’t think my first post went through.

cjack

Good luck and give cjack a big hug, he missed out on the Elk Hunt.
No elk meat this year but maybe some pork or venison, definitely some quail, duck and chukar! . Freezer is looking kinda empty! Hunting season can't get here soon enough.

jhill528

Hi Erik,

I have tried sending you a PM twice so you would have my contact information, but it does not seem like it is going through. Below is my cell phone number. Please give me a call so we can discuss the details for this weekends hunt. Thank you.

Have a great day,
J.C. Hill
(805) 297-0924

cjack

Hi Erik,

I have tried sending you a PM twice so you would have my contact information, but it does not seem like it is going through. Below is my cell phone number. Please give me a call so we can discuss the details for this weekends hunt. Thank you.
Down to the final hour, hope he contacts you soon.

CottonwoodHunting

Hi Erik,

Have a great day,
J.C. Hill
(805) 297-0924
Sorry, I thought I sent a message to you with the information a couple days ago but apparently it did not send. My box may have been full. Anyways, I just called you (thanks for answering!) and it sounds like I was able to answer all of the questions you had so far. You have the address. I look forward to meeting you tomorrow. This hunt is happening!

SW011

Wtg SW! Congrats on Your first animal kill a Public land wild pig awesome, Good little story and pic thnx 4 sharing!....tra

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
LOL that's awesome. I actually fit most of him in the Igloo, just his head was sticking out for the drive home! Thanks everyone for the congrats! Best of luck to jhill and cjack, excited to hear about how your hunt goes!

blazintowers

cool post. real nice of cottonwood to throw this deal together. great to see hunters helping hunters, sounds like cjack and jhill are going to have a blast! congrats and good luck fellas and take lots of pics!

jhill528

Just a quick teaser. We’ve been up here since 4:30 this afternoon. We were greeted by Erik and this amazing young woman, Ginger who surprised us with an AMAZING Halibut, sweet potato and green bean dinner. We took a little walk and we saw 2 pigs and we heard several more less than 50 yards away snorting and squealing; talk about getting the blood pumping. We came back the the “Rumpus Room” which is really a badass little cabin where Ginger had our dinner ready. After a short talk with Erik he gave us the all clear to spend the last hour of the day hunting, just getting a head start on what was supposed to be a one day hunt. Within 10 minutes we busted a whole herd of pigs seriously less than 30 feet from us in some very thick cover. We walked around in these damn thistles for a bit and decided CJack would head up into a bit more clear area while I tried to push the pigs out. At one point I just caught a glimpse of 2 pigs running through he thistles but I was unsure of the shot and where CJack was so I passed (even though I had less than about 30 seconds to make that decision since the pigs were running). Then as I continued pushing on through those prickly plants I heard a gun shot. CJack had a brief encounter with the herd of about 20 pigs. It was roughly a 200 yard shot while the pigs run full speed ahead into the Almond orchard. Unfortunately it’s Pigs: 1 Us: 0 for tonight. We’ve got our game plan for tomorrow so hopefully we’ll continue finding the pigs and we can connect tomorrow. I’ll post the pictures when’s a I get back to my computer. Until tomorrow folks.....

Top Bottom