STILL MISSING! Lost hunter Robert Willis at Dinky Creek in Fresno County CA. Nov 2008

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I'll pin this to the top of the forum here. Hopefully Robert Willis will be found so the family will know what happened to him.

Someone mentioned the SPOT satellite PLB and I have one now and love it. Some other tips for just in case.

SPOT lets you store info like medicines you take, medical conditions, your truck description, your physical description and more so when you hit the SOS button the dispatch center has this info on file to hand to the sheriff and S&R.

I also notch one of my boots and listed what brand of boot I am wearing so a tracker will know it's me. I included in my SPOT file what tires are on my truck too so they can track my truck if needed. Make it easy for them to find you.

jackrabbit

Reaction score
Thanks Jesse, I was hunting right in the area, last year, where his truck was found. I'll probably be back up in that area this year again, keeping my eyes open for any signs of him -- never gonna give up.

mgriffith80

Reaction score
This is the first have seen this thread. What an awful story. I took my hunters safety class last summer in Fresno and the woman that taught it was part of this search. She was very dissapointed that they weren't able to find him. Can only hope and pray that this family will soon have their closure. I know this is my wifes biggest fear of me hunting by myself.

Chayito702

Reaction score
Hey guys just saw the thread this morning as I was browsing previous threads! Was he ever found? I just hope he was so that his family could have closure! This reminds me of a few yea back when one of my uncles friends went out deer hunting in Wrightwood felt hurt himself really bad and his body was found weeks later. My prayers go this family!

MULEY51

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Ran across this again and was wondering if they ever found him. Anyone hear anything?

Reaction score
Sorry to bring it up again but I have to throw my 2 cents in. And no I am not one but for everyone who is saying pot growers I would have to a sum is wrong. You would think if it was pot growers they would have found them with all there searching and could have investigated more. And another thing not say that it is true but have any of you ever looked up missing 411? If not check it out on youtube there are a lot of mind blowing stories

Reaction score
m_freeman, the story of Rob Willis is in David Paulides book, Missing 411 Hunters, on page 22. I haven't read the book but from checking out his website I think he believes that bigfoot could likely be responsible for these disappearances. Although he doesn't come right out and say it, probably as to not lose credibility. That being said, I still plan on reading the book.

Hunterswife562

Reaction score
Here to report he has still not been found. The family has not received any further information. He has been pronounced deceased since it has been so long but no body has ever been found. People still go search but no luck. Please keep searching. Please keep thinking about him and the case. His family misses him so dearly and just needs closure.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, Hunterswife; we'll keep listening.

Top Bottom