Where are you from in California?

MontereyBowGuy

Names Eric and I liven Monterey county, I have grown up here, and used to hunt years ago for pig, turkey, deer, rabbit, and varmint.

After a 15 year break I have started again, I am an avid bow hunter, as well as riffle. I use a Marquis by diamond at 65#,a Remington 700 30-06, and my Stag Arms AR15 for varmint.

I love taking my kids out to bow hunt, and I look forward to a lifetime of hunting with my family and friends.

socal2310

My name is Ryan. Grew up in Thousand Oaks, now live in Camarillo but have spent time in the Pontiac, MI area as well as Auburn, CA and SLO, CA.

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most?

Complete hunting virgin, but love venison and would love the opportunity to grow sick of eating it.

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind?

I own a M&P 15 in 5.56 NATO, a Remington 700LTR in .308 and a Remington Model 597 (technically a gift for my son for his tenth birthday coming up in a few months). Also own a Mossberg 500 and an ancient 16 gauge.

What is your dream hunt?

Not particular right now :rolleyes:

I would love the opportunity to get to know other local shooters, particularly those into hunting.

Shmave23

-San Jose born and raised

-I would have to say trying to call in a predator, or looking for piggys.

-Rifle Marlin XL-7 in 30-06
-Shotgun Remington model 870 magnum express

What is your dream hunt?
-I would have to say DIY river raft trip for Caribou migration.
-Or a two week African safari

-Dave

mrkubota

-born in CulverCity, grew up in Santa Fe Springs and Fullerton, currently reside in Redlands.

-mostly dispatch pigeons trying to nest in our barns
planning to go pig hunting with my younger brother.

-Rifle Marlin .45/70 for the pigs, .22lr colibri for the pigeons.

What is your dream hunt?
- elk anywhere possible...

//Ben

eganfan

My name is Bill, I live in Riverside and hope to bag my first muley this fall. I have a new Mossberg .30-30 for the task and applied for zones D15, D14, and D19, so we'll see.

The last time I hunted was for squirrel when I was a kid in Missouri 30-some years ago. I have kids of my own who are interested in hunting and I figure this is something we can do together.

Wild pigs are also on my radar. It will take a while to figure out where all the good spots are and how to get close, but that's half the fun. (Maybe most of the fun?)

My name is Terry, I live in Chino. I like to hunt dove but last year I finally started hunting deer. I am still learning and always open to hear from experienced hunters on what works for them.

I have a Remington 870 and a Beretta for Dove. I have a Savage 30-06 for Deer.

I hunted D14 last year with no luck but had a great time anyway.

icentropy

From Camarillo, CA.

-right now i'm lucky to get a squirrel. Want to start hunting though.

-AR-15 rifle, Mossberg 500 12g, and a Hoyt Protec 70lb, and a 225lb Excalibur Exomax Crossbow.

What is your dream hunt?
Elk or bison?

Comethead

New Hunter in CA

Hello!
I live in Palmdale, CA. Screen name "Comethead" refers to my 1965 Mercury Comet...my old car/money pit of choice.
Im new to hunting and Im trying to "self-teach" myself the art.
Ive gone on a couple of hunting trips to Vandenberg AFB without luck, BUT the trip was well worth it. My friend and I scoured the coutryside for hours finding sign and really enjoying the hike and getting familiar with the territory. It was a 2 hour drive but a nice day in the field. We've gone back but didnt get much time out.
My hunting gun is a bolt action Howa 1500 in .308 cal with a Redfield Revolution 4-12X40 scope.

Any vets or current Guard or Reserve, or active duty folks want to get together for a VAFB hunt let me know. We can get something going.
Non military folks Im also willing to hunt public lands or a guided hunt if not too expensive.

Another option Ive been considering is an out of state big game hunt, probably pig or deer. I work for a major airline so I fly for free, and can get cheap tickets.
Anyhow "hello" from Palmdale

Joe

BlackSky

Where are you from in California? Santa Rosa

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most? Anything really

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip? Dad, when I was about 7

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind? Rifle or shotgun, never tried the bow

What is your favorite hunting memory? Hunting with dad

What is your dream hunt? Don't know really

norcalhntr24

- I'm from Santa Rosa (northern California)

- I really enjoy blacktail deer its rush to be able to go in there country and be able to see one and or see a big mature buck.
-its really neat to be able to call in those ducks or walk a check and try and get ducks or pheasants.. I do have a lab and its really neat to watch him lock on to the docks watching them come in to decoys and be able to shoot them and have him pin point and retrieve the birds... same with pheasant hunting having him go back and forth through the check and all of sudden notice him getting all birdy then lock on and go on point! (yes a lab that points) its pretty cool

- use a Remington custom 700 Alaskan wilderness rifle .300 Weatherby caliber for big game
-use a benelli for birds.....soon a browning silver

What is your favorite hunting memory?
- when My Nono (grandpa) was still with us and able to hunt... Just driving around with him and my dad in jeep. and when I killed my first buck. he was so happy! miss him alot

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip?
My dad and grandpa...went with my dad when I was a little guy..
What is your dream hunt?
- mule deer hunt

pozerzsuk

love hunting

im from small town Blythe ,Ca
been hunting since i was 10 , my dad tought me a lot , how to track and how to shoot..mostly hunted dove for the first two years turned sixteen and drew a deer tag for D-12..been hooked since...still have not shot one but none the less love it...most memorable hunt was in D-14 zone satyed for 2 weeks me and my dad hiked all over never saw one buck ..but ran across a BIG black bear..took a 6-7 year break from hunting and just got back into this year....didn't have time to draw a tag ....sucked..i own a remington 700 mountain rifle in 7mm-08 .. soon to be mounted leupold 2-7-33 scope.., remington 870 express magnum 20guage...love em both...my dream hunt - thats is everytime i get to go out hunting, have always had a passion for it , and always will...love hunting ducks...first year trying it ..very addicting

.Kevin.

Southern California, little town by the name of Grand Terrace, right next to Riverside.

I've only hunted upland game birds, (due to me starting hunting 2 months ago) but I will hopefully go coyote and deer hunting soon

My buddy Chuck, we're both 17

Currently using a 20g 870 express (remington)

My first quail, haha. I was overly excited about gettin' it, and watching it go down, but we did not have a dog, and we couldn't find it in the high brush.

What is your dream hunt?
Reindeer would be a blast to hunt

ChefTodd

I'm Todd, from Temecula Ca.

So far pig has been my favorite to hunt.....I only started hunting the end of 2010. My first hunting trip was with my father in Kennedy Meadows (x-10?) and I am still learning.....I use a 7mm Ruger, and .300 win mag BLR. My favorite hunting memory was taking my first animal (a spanish goat) at Big Horn Canyon Ranch. After that I have been hooked. Looking forward to getting out in the real woods and putting in some work.

Richmellott

Where are you from in California? While I'm originally from Michigan, by way of Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico, Oregon, Canada, France, Venezuela, and the Philippines, I've been based in Southern California for the last 23 years. I am a resident of Pasadena right now, but I've lived in Los Angeles County area for most of the time.

What kind of game do you like to hunt the most? I hunt for pigs, ducks, rabbits, chukar, quail, snipe, and deer, and that's my preference by order.

Who taught you how to hunt and when was your first hunting trip? My father taught me, starting at the age of 8. Rabbits were first, then ducks, and finally deer. I owned a shotgun when I was ten, and a 22 magnum with a 4 power scope. Then I got a .308 when I was 13.

Do you use a rifle shotgun, or bow? What kind? I use a 7 mm Rem Mag in a 1980 Browning BAR, with a 2-10 scope of indeterminate origin. I own a Marlin .22 WMR with a 3-9 Tasco scope for plinking/rabbits and varmints. I have two shotguns, a Mossberg Ducks Unlimited 12 Gauge, which I'm selling, and a Benelli Nova that I just got for this coming duck season. I've never tried a bow, but I'm thinking my next purchase will be a muzzleloader in .50 cal.

What is your favorite hunting memory? I used to have a Sweet 16 Semi-Auto with a variable choke attachment. I got a triple of mallards off of a cattle pond in Wyoming. They were all in the air.

What is your dream hunt? I'm going pig hunting this weekend, and I've been dreaming about that. However, if I had my choice, it would be a nice limit of ducks in NorCal, or an Elk (either sex is fine) in the Owens River area.

pmknipp

Torrance, CA now, grew up in Ohio.

I'm a total noob! I plan on going for dove and ducks this year.

Bought myself a Mossberg 500A Combo for my 30th birthday last year.

What is your dream hunt?
Currently it is to bag a pig, after that it will be an elk.

Georgia Archer

My name's David and I just moved to Menifee from metro Atlanta area. I hunt mostly deer and turkey, but I'd like to get into pheasant or quail hunting. I stumbled upon this site on a google search trying to find info on hunting here. It seems opportunity and options here are more limited than what I'm used to, so any advice will help. I prefer to bowhunt (obviously), but I just had shoulder surgery, so I'm limited to guns for the time being.

Georgia Archer

live in Menifee, work on Camp Pendleton (civilian contractor), but born in Atlanta and raised in the burbs around it. also lived in NC back when I was active duty, went to college at Auburn (AL), and for some reason lived briefly in the frozen wasteland of OH. sorry if i offend anyone from there, i just don't like flat places, especially ones with snow.

love turkey hunting, but still kinda new at it and not the best caller yet. been deer hunting all my life. been known to bring home a rabbit or two if not seeing anything else.

started deer hunting with my dad before I can remember, used to sit on a bucket under his tree stand with my BB gun

I have 2 Damon Howatt and 1 Bear recurves. The Bear is a 45lb Kodiak that was my grandfather's. The Howatts are 60 and 63 lbs. I'd like to get into building my own bows but don't have the time right now. I also have a Marlin .30-30 since I was a kid that I like to hunt with occasionally, and a few other guns that I don't use for hunting.

my dad calling in my first turkey right after I came home from Iraq in '05, and me videoing him calling in two jakes that almost stepped on his feet the next day (one of which was dinner that night)

What is your dream hunt?
horseback pack-in archery elk hunt in the rockies

Sandman_Shoots

My name is Paul from Moreno Valley, CA. My father is the one who introduced me to hunting, been hunting most of my life.

I like to hunt Upland, Waterfowl and Deer. Although I haven't hunted deer in a while, it would probably be my favorite...I enjoy the peace.

Obvioulsy shotgun for the upland and wf, and I use archery when hunting deer.

Two memories; while hunting a refuge up in Nocal (first duck hunt), the very first duck I ever shot was farm mallard....lol. The colors were all blended and you could tell it was a pet...lol. Sorry Betsy Sue!. The second, while hunting X3B, my father and I each shot a buck on back to back days in the same exact spot. That is, each deer was standing in the same exact spot when they got shot.

Dream hunt....man. So many places, so little time....

Top Bottom