• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

My new Elk and Hog gun

hks95134

Banned
I feel sorry for any elk that this kid might chase with his 308 sturmgewehr. It would likely end up nicked or gutshot and escape but end up dying in another county.

But I believe the boars and sows (who have tusks and can become very mean) will easily be able to take care of themselves however if the kid comes after them with a sturmgewehr 308.

And I would have to laugh if it then also jams on him during the final shoot-out.

Last edited:

DaVe.

I feel sorry for any elk that this kid might chase with his 308 sturmgewehr. It would likely end up nicked or gutshot and escape but end up dying in another county.

But I believe the boars and sows (who have tusks and can become very mean) will easily be able to take care of themselves however if the kid comes after them with a sturmgewehr 308.

And I would have to laugh if it then also jams on him during the final shoot-out.
Shoot out with wild pigs? I think you've completely lost it!

hks95134

Banned
Shoot out with wild pigs? I think you've completely lost it!
We'll maybe see. I predict that the kid will indeed try hogs, first, and then possibly end up in a shootout with them facing off against him.

It's kind of dumb chasing tusked boars with an underpowered inaccurate gun. But we'll see.

Beastmode

My grandpa killed every animal in North America with a savage model 99 .308. To say it isn't a good elk cartridge is assanine. He killed more elk with that gun than hks has probably ever even seen. A well placed shot is more important than a size of bullet or speed of bullet. Tons of guys use .243 and 25-06 for elk every year. If that guns shoots good for you and you are confident great! You will be just fine!

hogassin

beautiful rifle,perfect for hogs......very accurate 5R rifling...low recoil...no waiting for barrel to cool...follow up shots are right now...pistol grip helps with accuracy...
2 point sling carries riffle better, hardly feel the extra weight. m&p10 is a little lighter(8.5 lbs loaded)
HK's an idiot, ar10's are versatile, accurate and maintain good velocity for long shots on big game

Top Bottom