Larry Hamilton Hunting Club Scam. hog hunt scam

Danohfiveoh

Reaction score
Hey Hog hunters I just got off the phone with "Larry" and he told me this is a hot place to hunt. He has several ranches for bow, rifle, fishing, upland game, and free camping to boot!!!! The cost is $600.00 for a membership that allows you to take the first four pig (any size) for the year. He says you can split this with a second person and the cost for each would be $300.00 each. The catch is that one person is named as the primary hunter. I had him send me a fax and the name on the caller I.D. says..."Larry Hamilton". The brochure is cheap and it ask that you make the check out to "Larry Hamilton"....I wanted to visit the ranches but he told me to call back in September when his ranch hand is back from vacation and he will have him take me out! There is a Paso Robles P.O.Box given

Reaction score
Yes, be very careful when dealing with super scam artist Larry Hamilton. I've been taken twice by this guy. The first time was when he had his place in Parkfield. I went out there on a Friday afternoon and got the tour of the property from Larry. Hunted the entire property Saturday morning and didn't see a thing, not even tracks. That afternoon I went to the Parkfield Inn for some lunch and a couple of the locals were in there having lunch. When I told them where I was hunting they laughed at me and told me that Larry's operation was a joke, that there are absolutely zero pigs on his place.

So about 4 years later, he's advertising pig hunting again, this time it's out by FHL. I decide to try him again, after he buttered me up on the phone about how great the pig hunting was on this new property. So me and a buddy shell out $250 each and head out to his place to hunt (after months and months of Larry coming up with all kinds of excuses about why we couldn't come out and hunt). So his son meets us and takes us to the property, which ends up being about 50 acres with no pigs. We ended up talking with a guy that had to cross this property to reach his property and he told us he had never seen a pig on the property we were hunting in the 20 years he had lived there. So that afternoon on our way out we got ahold of Larry and he met up with us before we left. We demanded our money back, as the property was not what he described and there was no sign of pigs (no tracks, rubs, scat, etc.). He would not refund us our money but told us that we could set up another date to come back and hunt another property he had access to. We both told him to F-off and we were gone. Thank you for posting his number as I was able to leave him a message about what I thought about him and his "operation".

PorkChopper

Reaction score
Hey all just to make sure this jerk does not post in my local paper Stockton Record i warned them...

CA_pheasant

Reaction score
You might send the specifics of your encounter with Larry Hamilton, to DFG
Enforcement Officer, Liz Schwall
LSchwall@dfg.ca.gov

jthrancher

Reaction score
Hey has anybody heard anything about the ranches Larry Hamilton supposedly has acess to near Fort Hunter Liggit ? Is it a joke or do any of you fellas know of anyone who has had the slightest measure of sucess with Larry Hamilton .

jackrabbit

Reaction score
Noticed you just joined up jth, welcome!! This guy is an absolute legend here at JHO, but not in a good way. There are multiple, long threads here, including this one, that would keep me from ever considering giving this guy my money. If you decide to give him a try, be sure and let us know how it worked out.

Huntr Pat

Reaction score
Scammer's spammer'Virus alert what everrrrs. He will do you a good one.

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
QUOTE (tholihan @ Jul 25 2006, 11:13 AM)
I just finished sending this email to the Fresno Bee -

Kurt,

My name is Tim XXXXX. I am an avid california hunter and recently picked up your newspaper the Fresno bee. There is an advertiser that is running a Fraud and scam from your newspaper. His name is Larry Hamilton. I have some firends who lost money to the guy and he took the money and disconnected all telephone numbers and means of contact without ever refunding their money (or producing what they paid for).

I have done some additional research on the guy and find others that say the same. I am also contacting the FBI because this is a Federal offense. I fully respect and read your newspaper when I am in town and I know that you would not knowingly accept advertising from fraudulent persons.

I appreciate if you would look into the matter as I am passing on this info to the FBI and local authorities with his name and advertisements. I will also be passing along the name of your publication and these contact name for yourself and Mrs Della Hemphill in the event that the authorities have any questions.

I am confident that you will look into this matter.

Sincerely,
Tim XXXXX
Tim,

What ever happened from this letter and the one sent to the FBI?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Maybe we should pin this thread and take out an Hamilton alert ad in the same papers?

jthrancher

Reaction score
Sure thing Jackrabbit ill let you guys know . Friend of mine just gave him money , I found this info on hamilton but it was to late and his check already cleared . He sent my buddy a contract and a couple of membership cards , He has returned the phone calls so far , said he has room to hunt one of his rifle ranches on april 12 , he said hell call back to tell my buddy who and where he will meet up with to be taken to Larryies new ranch .
Sound o.k so far , however after reading all you fellas imput im very skeptical , dont think Hamilton is gonna change for the better , not after all his previouse scamming .

SacFireJT

Reaction score
If this guys scams someone else, hopefully DGF will revoke his guide license.

CAhntr

Reaction score
What a douche bag. I can't believe he is still getting away with this.

dirtpoor

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Why not ask Deedy at Bryson to look into it, she know's everybody on Jolon Rd ?

BrysonHesperiaResort

Reaction score
Hi Dirtpoor,
I'm the one who made Larry get a ticket for operating without a outfitter's license. He's a really bad dude. People are getting scammed all the time. Now all we need is one civil small claims action against him and he's out of business. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone will file a small claims suit... it will only take one.

Please, please, please file someone!

And then contact F&G Warden Foster 805-610-3920
All we need is a pending case.. it should shut him down for a while.

duramax

Reaction score
I believe I was almost taken by Larry Hamilton for the Jolon road hunting club. It was $700 for deer and $300 for pigs. He said there were two sides of the ranch, preferred if we hunted on weekdays, and that we would have to call to get the new combination to the gate because he changed it weekly. I got a tour of the ranch it was mostly brush and there was no sign of pigs. Things just didn’t add up so I didn’t give him my money. Later I heard that some people fell for the scam.

I doubt this guys real name is Larry Hamilton. Someone needs to post a picture of this guy because he will likely change his name now that he’s read all these posts. Also you can go to the county tax assessors (its public record) in whatever county his hunt clubs are in and find out who the owner of the ranch is and write them a letter asking if Larry is running a legitimate club on their property.

GUNNER5569

Reaction score
hey guys seen an ad on another web site thought you all would like to see
san miguiel creekside pheasant club contact larry hamilton 805-463-2349
san pablo s.c.o.p.e
i guess he is starting up another pheasant club
also seen an ad for pig hunting for 150.00 same number

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
How is it that no one has beat th sh!t of this guy?! I am half tempted to loose the three hundred buck for the pleasure of taking him to court and giving him a good ol' country @ss whipping. There are guys on this site that have been scammed, they need to take action. By not taking action you allow others to become victims.

Top Bottom